Chapter 12

I wake to a very loud screeching alarm and the guard's voice yelling from the door way. I moan and roll over to block out the world which is no use. "We might have to get back up in here or something. I have already turned on every alarm we have." I hear him say exhaustedly.

"I'm up. I'm up." I lift my head ever so much. The guard and another let out air swiftly. They then walk out. I start to get ready for the day. I don't know what's in store for today. I open the the door and the guard immediately says, "I need to get you to breakfast follow me." I obediently follow him.

We enter a grand room with many circular tables. I spot my brother and parents at a table that is close to the wall. I weave through the crowd. When I finally make it a server comes to the table. "What would you like miss? There is pancakes, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, and just about anything else you could think of." She asks me politely. I answer thankfully and watch as she leaves.

"Feel refreshed after that wake up. I heard you were a hard one to wake." My father chuckles. I snort out water that I had been drinking. My brother seizes the moment. "DAD! Dad did you hear all the alarms. She got up just in time. They would have had the police waking yo.." He can not finish he was laughing so hard and loudly. The cafeteria began to get quiet and everyone seemed to be staring at us. The server came back with my tray and I began to eat. The food I found was very delicious, unlike the food at home that mostly came out of packages or cans. It was fuller tasting and so different.

A woman stepped on to the mini stage in the cafeteria. "Good morning Revival members and family. I'm Karly Hitcher the president and chief of SCR ship 52. Thank you for joining me here today. Today will be a busy day I will assure you.  When have many exciting things. Now let's see if revival members and family could report to their rooms right away. We will send guards to get each of your rooms for the events we have planned today. I hope to meet you all soon enough. Have a very wonderful day I know you will." She quickly scurries of the stage.

_______________________________

I file through all the books I brought searching for something to read. My hands land on one and I began reading. But I only read for an hour before I hear a knock on the door. I put my book down and sluggishly mope to the door.

"Hello Miss Unyverse. I'll be working with you your entire stay with us. I'm Jim by the way. We have to make sure we make it to all of your events on time, my dear. Come now we must go." He professionally walks forward us I struggle to follow. We stop at a door. "Your family should already be in there." He smiles happily. I open the door to reveal a decent size room with a bunch of seating. There are many more doors through out the room each on a foot or two away from another. I find my family and sit with them.

"Unyverse what do you think we are doing in here?" He questions. I shrug not really in the mood for talking. One of the doors opens a man sticks his head out, "Mr. Harvist and Kile Harvist please come over here." My brother and I exchange looks. He gets up to go. More doors open and close as people come and go.

"Unyverse Harvist and Mrs. Harvist please come in." My mother and I quietly walk over. "Hello ladies. Please come. My name is Jane. Now have you ever had a well visit?" She asks me kindly. I shake my head. "Well it's simple enough. I'm just going to make sure you are healthy. The only reason your mother is here is because you are under the age of 18 so she by law must be here." My mother and I nod.

After a few hours I'm declared healthy and ready to go. She tells me I'm allergic to chives, starfruit, and a few other strange objects. Jim brings my mother and I to lunch. Afterwards where I find my brother and father. "Kile were you healthy?" I say the last word with lots of sarcasm. He laughs. "Oh yeah you bet miss. I am." I laugh along with him.

After lunch I'm scooped up by Jim. "We really must go. We may be late." I take monster huge steps to keep up with him. "What's next?" I ask him. "Can't say but we are getting through the boring stuff all to get to the good stuff."

We end up in a filming room with lots of cameras. I should have know. I have to answer many more questions.

When I finally finish I'm collected and go to my next scheduled appointment. My brother is in attendance too. The woman that was on stage earlier is sitting behind a desk. "Welcome again. I just want to get to know you too. You must be Unyverse and Kile Harvist I presume." We nod in agreement.

"Well first off Mister Kile your birthday is coming up I hear." She asks us. "Yeah my 13th birthday is soon." After a few more questions she seems pretty satisfied with our answers.

"I better let you go. It was very interesting to get to know you two. You will have a very special surprise after this now. Thank you for being a part of the Second Chance for Revival and I can't wait to really get to know you on board." She smiles genuinely. I warmly grin back at her. My brother is jumping in his seat.

Our parents wait out side with Jim. Every step we take I feel is leading me somewhere special. I can't wait to find out what the surprise is. My stomach is all in a knot with nervousness. We are lead all the way down long, windy hallways. We approach huge doors centered by grand stairwells. Where I recognize many people from breakfast. We stand with other excited faces just waiting to see what is behind the doors. "Hello everyone it seems we have made it through the early stages of  this project. Now we will reach the exciting part." She giggles through her microphone. On a large board very high on the wall names began to appear.

We are being let in alphabetical order. The large doors crack but not enough for me to see. I wait for h's turn. After about an hour I notice no one ever comes out. Which I find is strange.

When it's finally our turn we walk up to the door and squeeze through. I immediately hear lots of barking.

I'm standing in a ballroom filled with traveling dog cages, crates, and containers. Kile's excitement is all around he is shouting something at me. But I can't make it out it's so loud in here. Jim comes out of no where. "Hello Harvist family. All revival members are provided with a dog. Please take a look around and decide which ones you two want." He grins and leads us to the nearest puppies. I see many cute little puppies and I see kids picking them up. Most of the room is puppies but in the back corner is older dogs. It seems that no one even bother to look over here. I squat on the ground to pet young golden/German Shepard mix. My father is next to me. "He's a sweetheart that one. So kind and protective. What might your name be miss?" A woman says from behind me. "Is he? What's his name and age. I'm Unyverse Harvist by the way." I tell her. She grins, "Well you are one of the first revival to come over here. It's very nice to meet you. He does not have a name he's a stray. You can never know for sure but I would guess two years old." This tears my insides up. How could some one never have a name? I ask myself.

I look up to meet my father's eyes and than the woman. "I would like him please. Can you get him out?" She leans down happily and opens the cage to put a leash on him. I thank her and walk away with him. Already filing through names in my head. It's kinda awkward because everyone is holding their puppies and I can't he's too big. My brother finds me with a husky puppy in his hands. "Aww how cute." I tell my brother. We silently head out of the room.

Jim waits for us. "Alright let's get you to your rooms. Another busy day tomorrow. Cute picks." He tells us. My dog I feel is so excited to be out of his cage. He pulls a little bit nothing I can't hand though. He keeps stoping to lick other people and me.

I stumble and fall on to the ground. I look and see shadows behind me. I beg them to stop. Instead they laugh harder. I struggle to get away but I can't. I will never live another day. I hear someone running from another direction. All the sudden the laughing stops and pressure stops. I leap up but everyone is gone. I only wish I could have seen them or just one.