Chapter 19

Tyzon Gile #002 (family none)
Male 17
Group 1
Ashfall: division Mist

Our eyes meet, "Mist." He informed me what I already know.

"What could this mean?" I ask him excitedly. "Well it could be good and it could be bad. Do you know why we take all these tests anyway?" He wonders aloud.

______________________________

We sit next to each other at dinner. Tyson chatters the whole time. It's been awhile since I have ever had a friend like him. Probably before the colors left. Because after that it was to dangerous to risk. Which is were computers came in to make virtual classes. With fake teachers and students I could never talk too. And pretty much only going outside with a suit and not often. I miss all my freedoms I use to have.

"So you have a brother named Kile and a dog named Spruce here with you?" He asks me again. "Yeah. I do my parents are at my house probably never to see me again." I answered back.

"All right deviver members please report back to your rooms. Follow the signs." A male voice calls over the room. I start to get up but am stopped by Tyzon.

"What?" I sarcastically comment at him. He looks up at me "See you tomorrow?" I slowly walk toward the door. "See you tomorrow."
I turn to look back at him but he is already gone.

_____________________________

Orange
A combination of two. A sign of happiness. Shows warning to some and safety to others. To bright for few. Lost for few. Unknown to young.

____________________________

With Tyzon came groups and constant laugher. Our little table multiples at every meal. Tyzon though always makes room for me to sit next to him. He does not let his fame take hold of him. I admire this part of him.

Our mental intelligence testing lasts for 7 days. Each day I seat at the same seat. I turn my head and watch his silly faces. Others join in but Tyzon seems as though he directs it all at me. The days began to blur into one big happy colorless blob.

But than the disappearances began. Each day we walked to the testing room less people waited there. After my testing each day I would look around the room and play my game with fewer heads. Everyone had started to notice. With the disappears came no answers. Everyday on the announcements no one ever spoke one word of this. Tyzon became my only joy in life. Nothing else to look forward to but him. Deviver members just moped around.

As fear took hold of us so did crime. Fear could be seen in everyone's eyes. This brought the worse in some teens. Gangs began to form over night. They would form from common interests which normally involved targeting some random victim. I always watched my back hoping today would not be the day. Especially after I have made it this far. Tyzon was almost always with me. Some times with small groups other times without.

"Okay so wait a second you were first caught on camera by people bursting into you house and you were playing chess. And you get up and tell them to leave?" Tyzon yells as we walking down to cafe. "Well I'm quite glad everyone and anyone walking down the hall now knows." I tell him as I chuck a smile at a group of girls snickering and a boy following them who I hear laugh as he gets out of my line of sight. Tyzon eyes me and sarcastically comments, "Oh well I see. Don't you know all the people are you friends you have seen them for a good couple weeks now. Goodness grow some respect." He finishes with a priceless eye roll. I blush nervously. We are just blabbing about what to keep our minds off the situation.

"Ohhh... Loookks gooood. Mmmhmm delicious in my tummy." As a woman drops an absolutely disgusting blob of who knows what on his plate. I laugh and slowing laugh a little to hard. This cases the woman to eye me. She gives me a look suggesting I should probably not be surprised if I find her spit in my delicious blob of who knows what. Tyzon winks at her and we practically skip away. "Great now that lady hates me. And now who knows what I will find in my future from that one." I grumpy complain to Tyzon. He chuckles a lot.

"Hello students. As our seven days come to an end. I am happy to announce congratulations to all still participating in the Deviver program. Tonight you will be sleep in new room arrangements. If you look to your bracelet it well have a word on the last line before the colon and should have three letters only. This word will be printed on one of the 100 rooms of slumber. You will find this rooms bigger. You will find them or your right rather than left. Next testing begins in one day. Which is known as mental capacity. Thank you goodnight." The woman's voice cuts off.

The room fills with panicked looks. I turn to Tyzon. His eyes a happy mixer between black and white dive into mine. We both know what this means. People are going to panic because things are changing and the last thing I want is to be in their way.

Everyone scurries out of the room as the doors to our right open and our left lock. My eyes scan each door we pass down the hallways it's very different and very organized. It's goes in backwards order of the alphabet. Since mine reads Ashburn I'm looking for Ash. As we walking I notice bathrooms on my right and rooms on the left of me. So if I have to go I'll have to leave the room and cross the hall and probably have to walk for ever to even think about peeing.

The very last room to my left at the end of the hall has a sign with Ash- written on it. Tyzon by my side I reach for the door handle. My hand grasps cold ancient iron. I pull the very heavy door. It pulls back at me and I nearly lose my balance. Inside a room full of dark blacks same as the gloomy hallway. The room full of thin mattress on four coaster simple beds. With a dresser in between each. The room brings depressed sad thoughts in my mind. What is even worse is the people I see. Some shiver at the edges of beds. Others lost in thought curled in a ball. Some stare straight back at me a deep cold uncomfortable glare. Other challenge me and size me up without words. I shiver it's already way chillier in here than anywhere else. Tyzon's hand slides into mine. I hold on hard.