Chapter 4

The following morning I walk into the living room to see my father playing chess on the floor with my brother. Both of them are carefully planning their next moves. Chess is something I'm good at and love to play. I smile happily to myself. "I get to play next game." I announce. They both look up. Kile nods and my father tells me, "of course I was going to go get you any way. Want to watch?" I nod happily and sit down next to them.

We play for hours switching off players. My mom comes in silently and sits down next to Kile. She than demands to play and of course we except. It reminds me of when I was young and Dad taught me how to play he explained how each piece was used. I remember him informing me, "A bishop goes side to side never leaves the color he starts on. When you start the game next he is positioned next to the king and queen." I stared at him as I watched him move his pieces so I could win. Every move was a calculated small part in a grand plan.

Ultimately my father won the most amount of games. My mother only lost because she had not been around when we started for sure she would have won if not. My biggest accomplishment was beating my dad once out of who knows how many times. I beat my brother all the times but one and I honestly was trying but I will not admit that to him. We were all having so much fun when a knock came at the door. I groaned. But before anyone could get up.

A large crew of cameras and paparazzi throw the door open and marched in. The crew quickly moved in to the living room, removed their suits (for which protected them from UV rays and other dangers of being outside), and set up around the house. We just sat on the ground in shock never has anyone ever walking into the house let alone set up cameras.

My dad stands up, "What's going on here. Why are you in our house!" He told them firmly and forcefully. They looked at him in a strange way. "You never got a letter?" A man questioned sarcastically. As if it was planned. I brought my eyes brows up angrily. "We are here because you daughter Miss Unyverse Harvist and son Mister Kile Harvist will be participating in this years SCR ship 52. You must be proud. Now please stay toned in as we uncover more secrets from the chess playing Harvist household."

The guy holding the camera walks away and begins pacing the hallway. "So are you going to explain what is happening on what," I spat at him. He spun around to look at me. His smirk took over his whole face. "Well you must be Unyverse what a strange strange name. Well I guess Kile is not any better. Well lets clear this up you listen to me." He pointed his ugly over size finger at me. I groan and look at my family.

"We are shooting live for the SCR ship 52. Now we have to go live soon so Unyverse show me your room. When you hear us in the hallway Kile will come and show me his. After that we will individually pull your family members in to the corner of the living room. Which these guys will set up as a private shooting room. Mr. and Mrs. Harvist you guys will be down here shooting but your will not be live. Better little girl." I look away clearly defeated by this long haired man and eyes that are a very dark shade. I'm guessing it was a deep brown leaning on black if I could have seen colors. My brother looks the same defeated and angry.

My dad looks at the man, "fine if this is government issued we really have no choice anyway. Please get going." The dark eyes man just nods, "let's began."

He waves me on. We walked up stairs and down the hall to my room. He gave me a signal that meant we were live. "Welcome back we are live in the Harvist home. We will be visiting Miss Unyverse's room."

I nervously walk into my room. "Umm.. this is my room it's pretty much the average child bedroom." I stop because I have no other idea of what to talk about. Deep eyes guy notices and begins to help his show, "What are you planning on bringing Miss Unyverse?" I hate how he acts so formal now how two sided. But I walk to where my black and white patterned flap backpack. "Well I'm really into books I love reading about fantasy. But I will read just about anything. As you got to see my whole family plays chess." I decide I don't want to show them any photos or my mom's charm bracelet. They have seen more than enough. I start to walk out. Deep eyes follows me clearly disappointed my life is not more interesting. I could careless though.

"Now next up is Mister Kile's room the lucky guy chosen for Revival." My brother walks up stairs. "It's right over here." He's practically a natural at public entertainment. I grumpily stumbled down the stairs.

Thank you for reading.
Like and comment.
~Marisa