Chapter 20

I stride towards a bed which is farther away from the people glaring at me. Next the bed I pick a quiet young girl sits on the edge of her comforter. Tyzon picks the bed on my other side. Tyzon immediately trying to ease the tension of the room starts by cracking some jokes. I barely listen to busy sizing up the room. After we are going to have to sleep in here with all these people. Until my thoughts are interrupted by a demanding deep voice.

"Just shut up!" A tall muscular boy which I had received a not so welcoming glare from on the way in. His bed directly across from me. Tyzon frowns clearly unfamiliar with this particular issue. But I have this cover for him.

"And why should he! You don't have the authority to push people down or around! Let the kid talk his heart out! He is not hurting you!" I snap angry words at him. The boy more like a man steps closer to us.

"Well then I'm sure you would be glad if I pushed you around instead." He practically breathed in my face.

"Well actually I was meaning for you to stop pushing around everyone! Especially people who are making the best of the situation we are all in!" I spilled back at him. I barely had to think to good at this from prior experiences. His express changes from pure anger to a strangely impressed look. The boys sticks his massive hand out to me and speaks, "Leit." He guiltily smirks at me. I look up at him unsure and still a bit puzzled.

"Unyverse." I turn and plop on my bed.

_____________________________

The sun just begins to climb the sky when I look out the small window towards the ceiling of the room. I roll over and listen to the room silent and peaceful. I lay there for awhile until I finally decide to get up. I dress underneath my covers a skill I have quickly picked up. Once I'm finished I strap up my combat boots. Place all my belongings in my bag and the then lock them in the drawer. Once I finish I tiptoe out of the room. I decide to me a quick -really long- trip to the bathrooms. The hallway is dimly lit due to the fact that it is the early morning hours. My hear my ears silently ring from the silence. I feel my way down the hallway barely able to see.

Creak.

A old door creaks open. I quicken my pace. Especially after I start to here voices.

".... she must have left." A girls cruel words boomed.

"Shhh I hear foot....," another voice sounded. I stopped walking and moved to a the darkest corner of the hall I can find. I suck in my breath. As I hear them attempt to quiet but it's still very loud. It is almost funny how horrible they are at creeping around.

The group passes me now. I assume they are a gang of sorts out to target some poor victim. I can barely see them as the walk past but I can tell there's at least five of them. Since I heard them behind me I believe there room is close to mine.

Once it's clear I continue to the bathroom and than quickly head back to the room before my absence is noticed. It seems to take forever especially because I want to tell Tyzon what I say so he can be on the look out.

First words out of Tyzon's mouth are, "Unyverse where were you? I assumed you where at the r..." I cut him off. "Tyzon." I send him a warning look. His mouth shuts. I plop down on his bed next to him.

I begin to explain what I witnessed this morning. Tyzon listens intently all the way till I finish. Almost everyone else sleeps except for a few people sitting up and lost in thought.

Today is the first day of testing two Mental Capacity. I nervously walk to breakfast with Tyzon. I hear footsteps behind us and I turn my head ever so slitty. Leit. He follows quickly but does not appear to be trying to hide it. As if everyone decides to head a hour before a meal, just for fun. Something's not right here. I continue as if this is normal.

When we finally reach the cafe I see him slow. He peels to the side of the hall. I know I should not care but I do. I give Tyzon an excuse about having forgotten something I needed and retrace my steps. I remember the exact spot he disappeared at. I lean against the way back pressed to it. I feel around and find an opening.

"Look who decided to join us. Little Miss annoying." I heard a new voice speak. Thought about retreating but I was to curious to stop myself. I spot Leit mouth folded and tied to a chair. His eyes plead with guilt. He knows I followed him here.

They group tries to snatch me but I'm to quick. I kick my leg at the around behind me and hit the boy who was kind enough to welcome me. I take his knife from his hands and slide it throw restraints on Leit. He leaps up and tackles the neared boy to us. I throw a punch at a girl a few feet from me. When I do another boy from behind tackles me. He pushes me to the group. His hands grip my throat. He grip slowly tights as if he wants to watch the life leave my eyes. I try to fight against him but begin to lose consciousness. My vision blurs. My lungs scream for air. Then sudden all the weight disappears. A face appears in front of mine. I feel gravity pull on me but another force pulls harder. I'm lifted up. My eyes shut.

Yellow
A color of sunlight. Signs of life. Prevails beauty. Shows control. Brings light which also shows death.

__________________________

"Awake finally." My mind slowly focuses on my surroundings. Leit stands near me. "Come on we are going to be late."

I get up and Leit walks with me to a door that opens to the old dingy hallways I know. Everything starts to come back to me. Anger burns in me. I speed up to get as far away for him as possible.  I know her planned it.

"Sorry." I never thought I would hear this boy say those words. I was still really angry at him. I decide he does not deserve an answer.

When I open the cafe door I find everyone is already eating. Tyzon jumps up and rushes to me.

"Are you okay? I was really worried. I asked everyone where you were many said they never even saw you in the hallway." I start to tune him out. I look for Leit but he is already walking the other way.

I spill what happened.

"I seriously will bet the living.." I interrupt him. "Do what you want. He's dead to me." He chuckles and cracks jokes people from all over come to here.

The intercom interrupts us, "Morning Deviver members. Today we start test two. Mental Capacity. I will now ask that all of you exit the room and follow the guides to here testing. Thank you."