Chapter 3

I stretch out my hand to reach for my phone. My phone is just out of grasp. Than my hand finds a ice cold object. I pull my hand back a little too quick and look at it. I realize immediately that the object is not my phone. It appears to be a charm bracelets with small building on it.

My mother is at my door way she walks in a sits on my bed. "It's skyscrapers the ten tallest in the old world," she smiles shyly at me. I run my fingers over the buildings.

I never thought I could find beauty in something artificial and man made but these were so different. It really was beautiful I wished I could see and walk through everyone of these buildings. My mother watched me and told me, "This one here is the One World Trade Center. It's very important to your history. It used to stand in New York City. It signals freedom and United States of America's strength. The very same strength I will send you my daughter on a ship to a new planet that is waiting for you." She kissed me on the head so elegantly and lovingly.

I looked into her eyes, "Will I ever see colors again that's all I will ever want." My voice broke. My mom looked and stroked my hair. "No, no, none of that. You must be strong for your brother and this is never good bye but simply till tomorrow. My love, the colors are alway in your eyes you just have to choose to look." She told me for her wise experiences. This was always her trade mark of why the colors are gone even though it makes no sense to me. I hug her and hide myself in her arms.

________________________________

I walk down to breakfast. I smell my father's waffles and they warm my insides up. My brother is already shoving food into his mouth. "Mmm.. dad those smell goo..dd." I grin sheepishly. He chuckles, "well I thought you might like um." I nod fiercely.

When I finish I walk in to the living room and sit down on a couch. My father walks in and turns on the television. Which we don't do often considering the only thing that is ever on is depressing news, scientists arguing about when we will die, and a show of this guy that thinks he is a good comedian when he is far far from that. So at this point why even bother. I look up at the show that's on and I notice right it is none of those shows.

"We will be drawing the animal species of choice and announcing the animals already planned to be on ship 52 the 11th successful ship to leave. It is already planned that cows, chickens, some small species of bird, sheep, and the chosen specie. Let me.." We watch as his hand reaches in to a small sphere. He pulls a piece of paper out and quickly reads it out loud. My father just stares at the TV. My dad yells for Kile to come down stairs. The man really lets tension grow. By the time he is ready to say it I'm on the very edge of my seat. "DOG!" He announces with artificial excitement. My brother is at the door way. "Well folks the chosen species was dog. Guess now what must be decided is what breed or breeds will be taken. Thank you for tuning in today on Second Chance for Revival trip 52 TV series. Tomorrow we will be on live as we interview the Revived at their homes. Where you will get your first look at em. Thank you and good day." My face must have reflected my emotions very well.