Chapter 13- Let Her Go

Jason's POV

It's been 8 days since we left Barcelona.
Since then... I had a lot of time to think.
We were staying at my ranch in Ontario.
Brittany and Gerald took the guest house, but Brittany came to see her every day...
She talked to her, which made her look crazy, talking to a all but dead person.
Nurses came in everyday to feed her and bathe her. I just lingered the halls.
She stayed in my room and I stayed in Alex's, which was connected to hers.
The rooms were like a ghostly memory of my passed. Nothing has changed.
After my parents died, every summer for two weeks, me and Alex came here to pretend like our lives were normal.
Just looking around at the memories, the pictures on the wall... made me choke up.
I have no idea why the fuck Gerald convinced me to come here...
I walked passes her door, to see Brittany in there talking to her again, like a real conversation.

"Oh my god..." she immediately stopped..
"What?" I said stepping into the room.

"Her hand moved." She said looking up at me.
I rushed by her side and looked at her hand. It was still cold and lifeless like before...
"You must've been imagining it... " I say shaking my head.

"No no I didn't. JASON look at me..." I turned my head slowly towards her.
"You need to talk to her." She said, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"And what do you suppose I say?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"I don't know! Anything... this will work... just if you start talking to her, it will at least give you a little hope knowing that you are trying everything.."
I shook my head.
"Jason... you haven't even touched her since we've been here... do you think it's helping any just lurking around the halls like a morbid ghost?" She said shaking her head.

"Tell me how?! How is me talking gonna fix this? The fact that my unborn child is on the line for this?! This is all my fault so tell me exactly how me talking is gonna fix ANYTHING!" I yelled exasperatedly.

Her eyes widened.
"Just like that." She whispered.
"Wh-"
"Man why do you have to yell for?" I heard a soft rusted voice behind me... my heart started beating 50 miles per minute as I slowly turned around..

Katerina's P O V
My head was banging. I had a splitting headache, and every part of my body was either numb or aching.
I heard noise in the background, and I felt light hitting my face. The noise was suddenly coming into place and so was my vision.
It was like surfacing water. Speaking of water, my throat was fucking dry.
"..unborn child is on the line for this?! This is all my fault so tell me exactly how me talking is gonna fix ANYTHING!" When I heard that booming voice, I immediately wanted to punch the source.
"Man why you gotta yell for?" I say blinking rapidly and touching my throat.
It was really raspy. Slowly the figure to my left turned around and it was Jason. And in front of Jason was Britt.
I was just sitting there confused.
A face splitting grin broke across Brittany's face and I tried to sit up, my Jason gently pushed me back down.

"Stop it." I said trying to move his arm but when I did, my rib starting hurting.
"Argh" I groan I looked around the room and seen my arms hooked up to a monitor.

"What the hell happened? And where am I" I ask looking around not recognizing the room then at Jason, hoping we didn't get into a fight.
"You don't remember?" He asked.

"If I did I wouldn't be asking." I said rolling my eyes.

"I wish you would have forgot that charm" he said smirking slightly.

"Remember we went to barcelona?" Britt said.
Suddenly it all came back to me. The kidnapping, Vinny, concrete....
I suddenly started to gasp... I was having a panic attack.
Jason grabbed my hand and tried to calm me.