Chapter 17- Surprises

Jason was quiet when we left. The silence was getting annoying, so I asked him.
"Are you okay?"

"It's just... so odd. The fact that we weren't expecting one baby... let alone two... what are we gonna do with two babies? What are we gonna name them? How are We gonna tell them apart." I laughed at him fretting.

"Babe, don't worry. We have another 37 weeks to figure this out." I said. But I narrowed my eyes when I realized I called him babe.
I turned slowly to see his expression.
He was smiling like a damn fool.

"Babe?" He said.

"Didn't mean that.. uh. Well you think of names." I said.

"Well if we have two girls I want to name then Kaitlin and Jacey." He said taking my name from last night. I smiled.

"And if it's two boys, Khalil and Alex."
"I like that Jacey is a unisex name." He said focusing on the road.

"What about if we have a boy and a girl?" I said.

"That can happen?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Duh.." I say.

"Dope... well we can do a switch off, the boy with the first initial as you, like Kai or Kaiser."

"We can name him Kaiser and Kai for short" I butt in.
"And we can name the girl Jachelle and Jacey for short." I finish.

"I like that... the idea of having a child named after me..." He said pulling into the parking lot of a supermarket.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"I just..." he kept looking forward.

"I just never thought this day would happen. The day that I was discussing baby names and shopping at a grocery store" he laughed. "The day I became normal again." He looked down in his lap.

I took his hand and when he looked at me I smiled.

"You've always had the potential to be normal... it's just a matter if you want to be or not." I kissed him on the cheek.

"Now please let's go, craving some stuffed peppers right now!!" I say hopping out the car and running to grab a cart.

"Wait up!" He said putting his shades on.

"Gotta be faster than that!" I say walking in.
When I did, I felt hand around my waist.

"I am" he breathed in my ear making me shiver.

"Okay chef. What are we getting?" He asked me.

"What's my budget?" I asked him.

He gave me an "are you kidding me" face, then laughed.
I punched him in the stomach and he toppled over a little.

"I see how you took my men down.." He said rubbing his stomach.
I just smirked.
We started in the snack isle.
Jason picked up a box of debbies and I took them away.
"No, do you have any idea how many chemicals is in there? You want some pastries? I'll bake them. Only store bought sweets you are getting is sour patch kids and ice cream." I say scolding him.
"Fine grandma." He said sticking out his tongue.
He wrapped his arms around me and I got powder sugar, regular sugar and brown sugar.

"Why all the types of sugar?" He asked.

"To make the perfect sweets." I say.

"Explains why you are so sweet." He said, moving his tongue in a exaggerated motion and licking his top lip.
I laughed and leaned up to kiss his nose.
I heard someone at the end of the isle.