Chapter 26 - Vendetta Part 2

(Lol I made that picture)

Jason's POV
By the time I had gotten to the first perimeter, the whole team was passed out.
I decided to not waste anymore time, and go back.
They were right, I shouldn't have came out here. I started my bike, and zoomed back in the gates. Instead of going straight in my house, I went to G's and my eyes widened. They were unconscious. I checked for a pulse. When I felt it, I dashed out of there house. When I got to the bottom of the steps, I saw blood splattered on the floor, then I went up to our room, to see two guys with there heads chop off, but besides that, empty.
I glances out the window, and the barn lights were on.
Anger and fear swept over me.
My pulse started racing. I ran downstairs and out the door. Instead of the dirt bike I took the four wheeler since it was quiet.

When I reached the barn, I parked on the side, and looked through the tiny barn window. It was dirty but I could just see. Kat was sitting on a chair, and there was a man with white hair, pacing in front of her. His lips were moving fast. I could go in and start shooting, but there were too many guards, by the time I got half of them, Kat would've already been killed.
I could throw in a flash grenade, but it would have the possibility of blinding the kids.
I closes my eyes, and sighed deeply.

Setting my machine gun down, I walked to the front of the barn and slowly opened the doors.
Guns were pointed at me, left and right.

"Mr. McCann! We've been expecting you!" he slowly turned towards me. He had pale blue eyes, and a gold tooth but his teeth were perfect. He smiled at me and I wanted to spit in his face.

"Jason!" Kat yelled my name.

"Listen, I'll give you the crest jus-"

He interrupted me with his laugh.

"Oh no no no, Mr. McCann, I already have that." he said, holding up the shiny piece in his hand.

"Then why the hell are you still here?"

"Because, Jason, I want something else."

"This crest is a key to a much bigger thing, and I want you to lead me to it."

I bunched my eyebrows together. This mother fucker was stupid.

"I don't know anything about that damn thing!" I said, getting frustrated.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You indeed do, I got ears all around, and some of them told me, you found a box a while ago, that box needs this key."

"Fine I'll draw you a map."

"No, you'll be leading us to it." he said, this time, he was getting frustrated.

"And if I decline?" I raise a brow.

"Then I will kill your beautiful mutts and I will lock you and Katerina in my basement, it gets pretty moldy around this time." he said smirking.

"Or you can comply and I will leave your family alone, and help you find your brother."
My heart stopped when he said this.

"My brother is dead."

"On the contraire, Jason. I ran into him a couple of years ago. He's quite the fighter, I recognized him, as soon as I saw him. He didn't know me of course. He was locked away, in purgatory until he broke out."

I felt like I was gonna pass out.

"Jason, please..." I heard Kat whisper. I could tell she was crying.

"Kat, I have too." I said turning towards her.

"Greaaatttt now that we've come to a decision, you have 10 minutes to say you goodbyes."

He and his goons left, and I ran to Kat and cut her loose. Her arms immediately wrapped around me. I could feel her sobbing into my chest.

"Please don't go." she repeated over and over.
My heart was aching. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want her to die.

I pulled away and kissed her forehead.

"I love you. "
I let her go and kissed each of the twins on there forehead.

When I got back up, she was staring at me, still crying.

"At least you'll be safe." I say, and she sobbed harder.
I wrapped my arms around her, and kissed her.

"I love you Katerina Finch."

"I... love you... Too" she said in between sniffles.

"Time to go McCann." someone said, and they closed the barn doors.

I slowly let go of her as she clinched on to me tightly.
I pried her hands of my shirt, and she fell to the floor sobbing harder.

A few tears slid down my face. But I wiped them away, then left the barn.

I started walking to the house, it was still dark outside.

We were walking in the house.
And he told me to grab some things. I nodded and went upstairs. Looking around.

The bodies that were once in my doorway, were now gone.
I took a few personal possessions but I left everything else.

Kat's POV

I was out in the barn, when G came to get me. I was now numb.
I couldn't move.

He kept trying to get me to tell him what happened but I couldn't talk.

He took me in the house.
I didn't leave my room for two days. Only getting up to change and feed the babies. Barely had eaten for myself.

The next day someone knocked on my bedroom door.
I didn't answer, but the person opened it anyways.

I layed still, and G came and stood in front of me. He layed an envelope on my bed.

"Found these letters, on Jason's piano, one for you and one for me .
Then he left.

I sat up in my bed, and picked it up.

On the envelope, was written,
"My Love" in cursive.

I opened it, on the inside, half the page was filled.

'Dear, Katerina Finch. I'm sorry. I love you, dearly, and I always will.
The possibility of my brother being alive is amazing. But If I'm not back in 5 years, I want you to move on without me. I want you to live a full happy life, and I want you to find and amazing man, who deserves you, and can be a model father for my children.
But between then and now, I want you to hold out hope for me, that I will find my way back to you.
I love you so much, without you, I don't know where I'd be right now. You are my savior.

Never forget,
Jason McCann.'

I swallowed the cry I knew was coming.
Stay strong, Kat.

I brought my knees to my chest and took a deep sigh...

THE END OF BOOK 1:The Psychotic Prince.