Chapter 18 - Sugar, We're Going Down

We had just got of the jet in LA.
Jason was very careful.
We didn't bored off until the terminal, so as soon as we got off the plane, we saw Ali standing by a black truck.

"Did you check?" Jason said.

"Yea, it was all clear." Ali said.
I looked at them in confusion.

Jason just put his hand around my waistline reassuringly.

We got into the truck, i was a bit surprised when Jason got in the back with me.
I held onto my stomach.

While we were driving, I had noticed Jason's hair was growing a lot, and brunette roots were starting to show.
I really liked the dirty blonde in his hair, but a little part of me wanted to see his natural hair color.
I've only seen it once, that was on T.V. they only caught a glimpse of him he had flippy hair, and he looked 16.
It was before he had all his tattoos.
He looked very different.
I shook it off.

"We're here." Ali said.
I sat up and looked at my vaguely familiar apartment.

I got out, and walked to the door.
"We have probably about 30 minutes before someone notices the apartment is occupied, so let's get in and out." Jason said.

I nodded.
We walked up to my door and it was surprisingly unlocked.
I was horrified by the scene I had saw.
My apartment was completely torn apart.
"Yea sorry about that..." Jason said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I rolled my eyes.

"There are two boxes up in that closet." I said pointing to the coat closet.

"Can you get those for me? I'll go back to my room, there is a few things in there I want to get, then we will meet back outside. " i say looking at the catastrophe then back at Jason.

He looked unsure at first, then he nodded, going towards the coat closet.

I went towards the back of the apartment where my bedroom was.
My back up phone was on the charger. I was surprised no one stole it.
I grabbed a duffle bag and started putting things that meant things to me in there.
Like the teddy I got from my first crush, and the necklace my grams gave me. I grabbed my ballet slippers and a couple of other valuables when I heard the bedroom door closing. I put the phone in my back pocket.

"I was just on my way out-" I was
Stopped in mid sentence.

Jason's POV

It's only been 3 minutes since Kat has been in the room and I started to get antsy.

"I'll be right back." I said and chief nodded.
I walked up to her apartment building opening the door.

It was silent and Kat was no where.
I then when back to the bedroom when I heard a thud, and a groan I opened the door to reveal Kat and a man. He looked somewhat familiar, Kat held him at gunpoint and he was on the ground with a bloody nose and his hands held up.

"Looks like my little girl is all grown up..." the man said chuckling.
C
Kat looked back at me and backed away from the Man, And he stood up.

"Hello Jason." The man said to me with a wicked smile on his face.

I still couldn't figure out where I knew him from.

"Papa what the hell are you doing here?" Kat said through clenched teeth... that was her alleged father...

"Came here to collect what's mine. Where is the crest Katerina?"

"It's not yours. Fredrick gave it to me. " she said.

"What the hell is going on?"

"He told me Jason.. he is the one... he killed your parents and tried to frame his brother." Tears were rushing out her eyes.

She then grabbed something out her pocket, and threw it my way, when i caught it, I immediately recognized it.

It was a half moon beta crest. The crest my father gave to my mother.

"That crest is worth big banks Jason. That's why my father was looking for it. He wanted to buy his way back in to his family." She said.

Her father just shrugged..

"I slowly took the gun out of her hand."

I could do this. I could kill him and everything my brother Alex did wouldn't have been for nothing.

"Put the gun down ..." He said.

I slowly shook my head.

"If you shoot me, the bombs I have strapped to my chest will kill us all." He said smirking.

I was still so fucking confused.

"This isn't real..." I say, my voice quivering.

"Just put the gun down, and you live to fight another day... " he said slowly..
I then felt a warm hand touch me...

It was Kat.

"Not today Jason..." she but my other hand on her stomach.
Tears were streaming down her face and I let her have the gun..

She grabbed a bag and she walked out.

"She's pregnant." I heard the man murmur.

"And you will have nothing to do with that." I say through clenched teeth.
"I swear to god if it wasn't for the fact she was here I would have shot you. You've ruined her life... and mine." I shot daggers into him.
The old Jason would have just killed him anyway... but I'm trying.

"I'm going to leave, and the next time you ever come near her or me, I will blow your fucking brains out. I don't care how many bombs you have strapped to you." I said before storming out.

As soon as I got outside, I saw flashing lights. Coming this way...
Shit... I can't run... not this time.

"Chief... make sure Kat gets back to the airport safe.." I say.
Kat had a panicked look on her face.

"What are you doing?" She said narrowing her eyes.

"I'll come back to you, I promise... It's time for me to Pay the Piper."
She held onto my arm as tears flooded her face.

"No Jason... NO!" She yelled holding onto me as tightly as possible.
"Please don't leave me."
A single tear slid down my face as I watched her beg me.

I kissed her.
"I love you, Kat." I then nodded to Ali.

She screamed bloody murder as Ali put her in the car, locking her in.
As the police pulled up I held up my heads and they cuffed me..

I watched the truck as the disappear down the road.

"Sugar, I'm going down." I said quietly to myself, smiling humorlessly as I was shoved into the back of a cop car.