Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Paloma sipped her carmeltini as she watched Ana fend off the bartender’s advances. The same man had hit on every woman at the bar and had most likely been turned down by them all. He just couldn't seem to take no for an answer.

“I can’t believe the nerve of that guy” Ana shook her head as she sat down with Paloma “I’m wearing an engagement ring and he still hits on me”

“You want to leave?”

Ana shook her head “No, I refuse to go back to the hotel and sit around”

“Look Melanie’s here” Paloma waved and Melanie came over to them

“Glad you could make it” Melanie smiled and introduced her best friend Coral

“Now the party can begin” Ana smiled as the music picked up “Let’s dance”

Paloma shook her head “You three go ahead, I need to use the restroom”

“Hurry back” Melanie smiled as they moved onto the dance floor

Skirting around the other tables, Paloma nodded but ignored any hints that came at her.

Looking back at Ana and the others, she walked into a solid body “I’m so sor- what are you doing here?” she frowned up at Lucas who was frowning down at her

“Hello pippin, fancy meeting you here” Lucas snatched his attention away from the expanse of bare leg left bare by the short skirt, only to have his attention arrested by the sight of her almost visible breasts.

“Again, what are you doing here?” Paloma crossed her arms ‘Are you spying on us?”

“Of course not,” Lucas looked over his shoulder then back to Paloma “Why would you think such a thing?”

Paloma’s eyes narrowed at his innocent tone “Then you won’t mind if I leave then” She spun around and stalked back to where the girls were still dancing. She could feel his eyes burning into her back as she moved away from him.

“I hate to ruin you’re fun, but I just ran into your brother” Paloma gestured over to where she had seen Lucas

Ana snorted “Figures he’d be here too”

“What? You knew Lucas was here?”

“No, but earlier while you were sleeping Michael came to see me. He seemed to think that I would be happy to see him”

“So what now?”

“We continue our vacation and in two days they move onto Greece and out of our hair” Ana smiled and pulled Paloma onto the dance floor