Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

Paloma sat staring at the newspaper in her hand. Lucas was walking out of a restaurant with a woman that looked like her beside him. Dropping the paper back on the small table she looked across at Ana “I’m glad he has moved on” she took a sip of her tea.

“Are you serious?” Ana snatched the paper “She looks like you and I swear those are the same shoes I bought you for your birthday”

“Plenty of women are brunette’s” Paloma pointed out “Doesn’t mean Lucas is dating my double”

“What?” Ana shook her head “You didn’t read the whole article did you?”

Paloma shook her head “No, why?”

“The mystery woman seen walking out on the arm of Lucas Titan, is not the same woman he had been seen around with lately, Paloma Reyes. Mr. Titan played the role of Knight in shining armor to the beautiful woman when her date got a little out of hand. So not only is Lucas Titan, handsome and rich, he’s also a hero” Ana read then shoved the paper back at Paloma “Look at the bottom picture”

Paloma gasped when she recognized the bloody face of the person being helped to his feet by a bystander. “What’s going on?”

“Apparently Blake attacked Lucas and Lucas got him back” Ana shook her head “I’m worry about Blake having a woman that looks just like you”

It worried Paloma also. But then again, she knew just how sick Blake really was and wouldn’t put him pass him to do something like it. Shaking her head she smiled at Ana “Let’s not worry about it right now. I’m glad Lucas is okay”

Ana knew when to back off “The security system has been installed at the brownstone”

“So fast? It just stopped snowing”

“When a Titan wants something done, it gets done” Ana shrugged

“Thank you Ana for throwing your weight around” Paloma smiled

Ana groaned “Don’t mention weight, I think I might have gained ten pounds”

“You can work it off by helping me assemble together the favor bags” Paloma stood up

“How many guests are coming?” Ana called out to her friend

“At last count there were six hundred” Paloma laughed when she heard Ana’s groan. Things would get better she smiled as she packed her small bag. She had gotten over Lucas, almost. But it would past eventually.

But now she would focus on the wedding and going through the numerous emails she had received from potential clients. Zipping the bag shut, she nodded her head and turned ready to leave the hotel and stand on her own.