Chapter 19

Sighing deeply, Paloma settled deeper into the hot bubble bath. The bathroom was bathed in candle light though the power had come back on, she just wanted to relax. The fight with Lucas ran through her mind over and over again, no matter how hard she tried to think of something else. Was her mother right? Should she have given him a chance to explain?

Shaking her head she reached for her mug of hot chocolate. It wasn’t her that had him investigated. Though she kind of understood his reasoning for having her investigated. But one thing she wouldn’t forget was being accused of sleeping with a friend’s husband.

That was what bothered her the most. That he could want her body, but not trust her rankled like hell.

Her cellphone rang interrupting her thoughts. Shaking a hand off she grabbed it off the floor and answered the immediately wished she hadn’t when she heard the cultured accent on the other end.

“Hello love, do you remember me?” Blake sneered

“How did you get my number?” She snapped not in the mood for him or his problems

“I was sad to hear that you and the Titan heir broke up” he mocked her

How did he know what happened between her and Lucas? Mentally smacking herself in the head, duh he had you followed, how else would he know what happened?

“Listen, you sick freak, the deal was if you left me alone, I wouldn’t go to the press” She snapped “I hope your parents still give you money when the story comes out” snapping the phone shut, she tossed it through the open door.

Taking a deep breath, Paloma sunk under the bubbles into only her head was out. It wasn’t over. Blake would make sure she knows he’s around, would make every chance he could unbearable for her. But this time she wasn’t backing off. If he came near her, she was going to a lawyer to have his ass deported back to Sydney.

She would not be a victim again.

                 XXXXXX

“Only my brother would be working during a blizzard” Ana sighed as she walked into Lucas’s home office and flopped in a chair.

“What do you want Ana?” Lucas asked not looking up from the computer screen.

“I want to see how my ass of a brother is doing” Ana glared at his bent head

Sighing heavily Lucas sat back from the computer and looked at his sister. He frowned when he saw her blood shot eyes, and ruined massacre. “Is everything okay?”

She just waved a hand at him “Oh don’t pretend you care. I know what happened with Paloma and before you ask, No she didn’t tell me” Ana narrowed her eyes “Please tell me that they were, that you didn’t have Paloma investigated” her big brother was a lot of things, but for him to have a lover investigated had to be a lie.

“I did” Lucas said simply crossing his arms “And my reasons are none of your business”