Chapter 20

Sorry it has taken me so long to upload. I've been working like crazy on another story idea, that unfortunately I can'y put up on Wattpad. I am putting up the last chapters up today remember, READ. VOTE. COMMENT Happy reading :)

                                            Chapter 20

From the security office Lucas watched Ana, Michael and Paloma enter the hotel. Zeroing in on Paloma, he frowned when he noticed the signs of fear in her body language. She kept looking over her shoulder and her hands were tightly clasped against her sides. She looked up at the camera and he swore when he saw the stress etched on her beautiful face.

It was his fault she was stressed that he knew. And after reading the file of Westby and a talk with Maria, he had some unanswered questions that she could fill in. Zeroing the camera closer to her face, he ran a finger over her cheek. He would find a way to help her get rid of Westby.

Then he would find a way to get her out of his system.

                           XXXXXXXX

Closing and locking the door behind her, Paloma dropped her bag and leant against the door. Why had she thought that Ana meant some other hotel? Why would Ana pay for a hotel room when her father owned one of the biggest in Manhattan?

Paloma had felt like she was being watched the whole way to her room. But it seemed so foolish now. Pushing away from the door, she undressed as she walked to the bedroom. Sleep now, thinking tomorrow. She was asleep as soon as her head hit the soft pillow.

And as usual she dreamt about Lucas.

                          XXXXXXXXX

“How did I know I would find you in the bar?’ Ana sat next to Lucas and ordered a hot chocolate. It was a habit she picked up from Paloma.

“Why aren’t you with your fiancé?” Lucas asked not looking in her direction as he took a sip of his martini.

Ana shrugged “He’s on the phone with his mother in England” She smiled at the bartender before turning to her brother ‘So how are you feeling?”

Lucas snorted “I almost believed you care”

“I do care” Ana sighed “ It’s just Paloma means a lot to me too and after what she’s been through with Blake, I want her to be happy too, not alone and afraid to go outside” and that’s what Blake would do to Paloma. The last time they had been together, Paloma had been kept from Ana and her other friends by Blake. Every time she would call it seems Paloma was out doing something. Finally Ana had enough and had flown down there to see what the hell was going on.

To find her best friend in the hospital beaten up had hurt Ana badly, and she had begged Paloma to come back to New York and get away from that monster. But Paloma refused to leave and now Ana knew it was because of her brother and his stupid allegations.

“You have no idea what she had to endure to get away from him” Ana wiped her eye were a tear fell.