.Chapter Twenty Seven.

Chapter Twenty Seven                            Evalyn

The one rule for the Halloween party, was that we all had to wear a mask. Which is why as I got out of my car I pulled a black mask half mask over my face. When I had gotten to Vic’s place, she had tossed a dress at my head and told me to go put it on. I grumbled a little bit as I striped out of the clothes I was already wearing and pulled the dress on over me. I will admit Vic was good at this. The dress was a dark red color that fit perfectly to the top half of my body, with a neckline that was a little lower then what I would normally wear.

I was thrown a pair of heels and told to spin slowly so she could decide what to do. Then, I was shoved into her vanity chair and warned not to look in the mirror until she was finished with my hair and makeup. I sat there and talked to her about random stuff and she pulled and twisted my hair into what she wanted. Then closed my eyes so that she could put makeup on me. When she was done, I was allowed to look. I gasped.

She had pulled the top part of my hair into two braids that wrapped around either side of my head and met at the back, leaving some hair loose to frame my face. My makeup was kept simple, a light purple eye shadow that matched the dress and black eyeliner that made my green eye pop.

“What am I supposed to be?” I asked her.

“You are a secret princess, of course!” she told me.

“And what are you a Gerald going to be?” I asked.

“I finally got him to pick one of the ideas. But I’m not going to tell you because it will ruin it for when you see us together,” she said with a wink. “Now, let’s go get the boys.”

She got out of her side. I had been at her place so she could do my makeup for me at her request. She loved playing with makeup and doing up my face because I never really would, I used cover up and would call it done on a good makeup day. I wasn’t really a fan of having all that junk on my face, but anything to make Vic happy.

“Still think I look ok?” I asked her again, being self-conscious. She motioned with her finger for me to do a spin so she could see all angles of the outfit.

“If I weren’t with Gerald and gay, I would be drooling all over you tonight,” she told me, making me laugh at her craziness.

“Thanks. That makes me feel so good Vic,” I told her. I stepped around four people who were sitting on the stairs leading up to the wide open front door. There was no way it was the wrong house, the music was blasting so loud I could hear it clearly already and there were people everywhere with solo cups in theirs hands.

“Do you see Owen?” I asked as I tried to peek around people.

“I can’t tell who is who when everybody is wearing masks,” replied Vic.

“That hurts. I saw you right away and know it was you,” a voice said in my ear, having to nearly yell to be heard of the music.

“Owen, you scared me,” I said, placing my hand over my racing heart. Racing because I had been frightened, not because I thought it would be Carter behind me like that.

He leaned down and kissed me before asking, “Do you want something to drink?”

“Yeah sure,” I said, knowing the Vic was the designated driver tonight. “Do you want a coke or something?” I asked her.

“Would love one. I see Gerald and everybody over there, I’ll meet up with you guy in a bit,” Vic said and I watched as she weaved her way through swaying bodies, skillfully dodging past hips and elbows.