.Chapter Thirteen.

Chapter Thirteen                     Evalyn

I stopping outside the gate of the park we were meeting at. Carter just glared at me before pushing past and towards the slide were I could just make out the outline of Owen sitting on the stairs. I “I don’t know what you thought you were doing the other night, but you had better act normal around Owen,” I said knowing he could hear me but nobody else could.

After ten minutes of walking we got to the park and saw Owen sitting on the steps of the slide. I sat a few steps down from him and Carter followed my lead, sitting a few steps in front of me. We didn’t see Vic come up from behind us and only noticed her when she laughed out loud. The three of us turned to look at her and saw she was holding a camera in her hands.

"Did you just take a picture of us?" I asked, glaring at her in accusation.

She bit her lip to keep from giggling again. When she got a hold of herself she said, "I just couldn’t help it. You all hate your picture being taken so I have only a handful of good ones of you guys together. And it was a picture perfect moment."

Owen stood and went over to Vic. "Can I see it?" He asked.

"Sure, just let me find it," Vic said as she began to fiddle with the buttons to find the right one. "Here it is!"

I jumped down from the steps, going over to Owen and Vic. Standing behind a when I looked at the picture of the three of us sitting on the stairs all talking and smiling. I was looking down at Carter, who was turned around looking at me and talking while Owen was leaning down and listening to what he was saying.

Carter soon joined in to look at the picture. "I like it," he announced.

"Thanks, Carter," Vic smiled.

"Are we going to my place or what? It’s hot out and I have air-conditioning to cool us down," Owen bribed.

"Let’s go," I agreed. Owen led us down the street and around the corner, taking us up the driveway to a baby blue house. I bounced up the seven stairs to the front porch and crossed the deck in a few steps. Owen opened the door and we followed him inside.

The air-conditioning hit me immediately, and I rolled my eyes in pleasure at the cool temperature of the heads. We followed him to the back of the house where there was a staircase that would take us down stairs from the dining room. Owen felt the wall for a light switch and finding it he flipped it on, flooding the room with sudden light. I could now see the steps as we went down them. At the bottom we could go either right or left. Owen leading us right.

There was one dark blue sofa and sitting beside it was a dark oak end table. On the other side of the room there was a deep green love seat. Between the two coaches were two big and overstuffed chairs. A television was set up on the entertainment stand with a DVD player and gaming systems. Owen took a seat in the chair furthest from the door and closest to the loveseat. Vic took a seat on the couch, while Carter and I took over at the loveseat.

We debated on what we were going to do for the day before deciding on what we usually did: have a lazy day. Which included popcorn and sitting in front of the television in Owen’s basement, and quite possibly ice cream. I got up and went upstairs to help Owen pop the popcorn, while the guys and Vic beginning yelling about setting up the game console. After we had made five bags and dumped them into for plastic containers equally for asked to share. Owen and I each grabbed two bowls and we headed back down stairs.