Three Words • Justise Winslow; for Chaye •

For the past six months, Chaye has been in a relationship with the one and only, Justise Winslow.

Despite them dating for a little while, she found that she was the only one to say "I love you" because she felt it but he never said it to her. Everytime she'd say "I love you" he would just smile and say, "I do too." He never said the three words back to her. She tried to ignore it at first, but it eventually got to her, making her believe that he really didn't want to be in a relationship with her.

Justise didn't seem to feel the need to say the three words since he proved it to her every day. But, his view changed when he started to see his former teammates Jahlil Okafor saying it to his wife Bianca on the phone, and Quinn Cook saying it about his fiancée Andrea on Instagram. It made him feel kind of bad that he didn't do that to Chaye.

Coming home from practice, he found her asleep on the couch. He walked over to her, crouching down to place a kiss on her forehead. "Baby? Wake up." He whispered, lightly shaking her.

She groaned in her sleep before she opened her eyes, only to find him in front of her. "What do you want?" She muttered, since she just wanted to sleep.

He got back up, "I want to take my lovely girlfriend out somewhere. So, go get ready and we can get going?" He said, clapping his hands.

Chaye gave him a look, "Well what if I want to just stay home instead? I don't feel like going anywhere." She said, sitting up on the couch.

Justise sighed, "I feared that you were going to say something like that. But, if that's what you wanna do, we'll stay home. We could watch your favorite movies or something like that." He said, sitting down next to her.

She started to feel suspicious, since she found him to be a little too nice. Sure, he was a sweetheart and all but this time it felt odd. "Well, um if you're up for that." She said, getting up to find the movies she enjoyed to watch.

He grabbed her hand, stopping her. "Also, I've been uh... wanting to say something to you." He said, before pulling her onto his lap. "I know that I've never said these three words to you.. but I love you, Chaye. I mean it when I say that, you mean the world to me and I really got to tell you more often." He smiled.

Hearing that made Chaye smile and feel nothing but loved. He finally said the words she's been wanting to hear from someone who meant the world to her, "I love you too, J." She said, before kissing his cheek.

"Now, how about those movies then? C'mon, I wanna spend time with my girl." He said, pinching her sides.

From then on, the two spent the rest of the day watching movies and Justise continously telling Chaye that he loves her.
______________________________

Hope you liked it, Chaye! 💟 Sorry if it's so short.