17

Jake and I are sitting on the sids if the van and Morgan is sitting in the middle in her car seat. She is sleeping right now. As I look at Morgan I think about her future and how I need to keep her safe. How am I going to do that? It will be hard to do it by myself but it's the best for all of us.

When I was changing at the hospital I heard Jake talking to someone, they were talking something about putting mor wolfs on patrol.

We stop at a gas station and the driver gets out to put more gas in the car. A minute later a horrible smell feels the car. I look at smiling Morgan.

"You silly girl." I say taking her out of her car seat. I open the door and Jake is already standing there.

"I can change her." He says.

"It's fine I can do it. I need to pee anyways" I say quite.  We walk in and I ask Jake to get some snacks, he does. I walk into the rest room and change Morgan. I look around the bathroom and see a door leading to the wood behind the gas station. Biting my lip I picking up Morgan, I look back and push the door open. The first thing I need to do is lose my smell, if I don't it will be a pice of cake to find us. Going back to the parking lot there is a family sitting in the car. A mother a father a kid and what looked like another man, I walk over to them and knock on the mothers window.

"Hi, do you need help?"

"Yes actually.."

"Wait is this your baby?" The mother asked getting out of the car.

"Yes"

"She looks brand new.."

"I just had her.." I tell her I hid behind the car hoping the car smell is getting on me and losing my smell.

"I was wondering if you have anything to help me? I need to get to Florida." Ya I'm going to go see my birth family...

"Of course we can help you!" She said opening the back door. It was a van so there was room for me. "Do you have a car seat?"

"No ma'am " I say. I can't go get the one out of the car. "That's fine, Mike, come on we need to get a car seat." She said walking in to the gas station. The man looked maybe two years older than me.

"Mason get in the back." He said to the kid, mason must be 7 or 8.  Mason did what he was told and sat in the back. "I'm Don" he said moving over to the other side.

"Hi I'm Miracle and this is my daughter Morgan."

"How old are you?" Mason asked I gave them a small smile

"17 almost 18" I said Morgan began to cry. I rocked her back and forth but she wouldn't stop. Her bottle is in the car.

"Can I see her?" Don asked.

"Sure" I said hesitantly. He held Morgan and whispers nice things to her and she stops. How in the world? "How did you do that?" I asked him amazed by it.

"The summer after I finished high school I took a class on kids. I knew it would come in use one day!" He said happy. The lady and Mike came back with a car seat. Didn't think they would have one in there. I struggle to strap Morgan in but Don helped me. Maybe this won't be as bad as I think it will?