Chapter 7

You guys should know the drill by now 🎶🎶.

Chapter 7

"Pupils dilate under normal conditions." Deaton muttered as he lifted the lids of her eyes.

"Heart rate is 250." I stood opposite of Deaton, to Stiles' right.

He pushed the top of her shirt down, revealing a red, rash like thing on her collarbone.

"Evidence of an allogeneic skin graft on right shoulder."

I gestured to the silver liquid on her lips, "What about that?"

He shook his head, "It's not like something I've seen before.. It almost looks like mercury."

Her body convulsed on the table for a moment, surprising everyone.

Stiles flinched back, placing his hand on my shoulder to keep me close to him.

"Can't you just give her a shot of something?" Malia asked.

I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly when Deaton spoke, "She doesn't look to be in any pain."

I laughed nervously, "She meant a shot to kill her." I told him.

Stiles looked back at Malia, squinting his eyes at her, seeming to assess her.

Deaton shook his head, "I generally prescribe to a code of ethics that frowns on such measures."

Scott looked to me for confirmation, and I nodded, letting him know he could tell Malia what he felt.

"Malia, you know we're not gonna do that." He said.

She rolled her eyes, "How do you know she's not gonna kill us?"

Stiles pointed back at Malia, "She makes a decent point. Either way, eventually I'm going to have to let my dad know she's here."

"Agreed. And while I may argue against euthanasia, I'm not opposed to a little... Extra security." Deaton said, grabbing a jar of Mountain Ash.

He took the lid off, and tossed the ash forward, creating a perfectly straight line of protection...

For the humans.  

Stiles stared at the line of Mountain Ash warily, and Deaton was quick to reassure him, "Don't worry, Stiles. Tracy won't be able to cross a line of Mountain Ash. She's not going anywhere."

Stiles nodded, his eyes darting to me, "Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of."

"Well, you and I will be able to get out of here no problem. You three.." he said, nodding to the rest of us, "Not so much."

Malia looked at the Mountain Ash, extending her hand to touch the invisible, supernatural barrier.

She quickly retracted her hand, "Weird."

"Scott, Katherine, would you mind holding her down? I'm gonna be testing more invasive tests." Deaton said.

Scott and I shared a look, and nodded, standing over Tracy.

Stiles stepped beside me, placing his hands over my own, nodding to me with a small smile on his face.

I pushed on her arms as Deaton ran a scalpel down her forearm, not once breaking the skin.

The scalpel cracked, and my eyes widened when Deaton lifted it from Tracy's arm.

It had been cleanly cut in half.