Chapter 13

Softball conditioning/try outs are today.

I'm a little nervous, but I'm gonna try my best, and hopefully that'll be enough!

Hope you guys have a good day!

Play = 🎶🎶

Chapter 13

I whimpered as my sight blurred, misshapen figures around me as I tried to pull my body from the floor.

I heard Scott's wheezing, and I panicked, throwing out my hands, "Scott? Scott- Scott, I can't see you! I- I need my glasses.. I can't see." I whispered, blindly throwing my hands around.

I saw a blurred figure bend down in front of Scott, and my brother wheeze violently.

I pulled my body from the floor, sloppily running to where the figures stood.

I reached for the figure, coming in contact with its body, and I growled, shoving Scott out of its grasp. Scott fell to his back, continuing to gasp for air.

He's having another asthma attack.

The blurry figure seemed to turn my way, and I squinted as I saw something raise above my head.

I struggled to see as the Doctor swung at my head, only to be knocked away by someone.

I backed away until by back hit the wall behind me. I sniffed the air, recognizing my mom and Malia's scent.

Scott continued to wheeze, and I heard Mom take him with her to the elevator, helping him with his breathing.

"Malia, Katherine, come on!" Mom yelled, "Run!" She screamed.

I shook my head helplessly, "I don't have my glasses!" I yelled, "Everything's blurry! Mom! I can't- I can't see!"

I heard a loud thud, and Malia grunt in pain, beginning to gasp for air.

"Malia?!" I yelled.

I turned to the blurry figure on my left, and watched as the bigger one raise its arm, bringing it down on Malia.

My eyes widened, "No! Malia!"

Before its arm could hit her, Malia broke away from the Doctor, stumbling back, grabbing my arm as she ran to the elevator.

Thank God.

I felt the Doctor on my heels, and Malia grunted, throwing my body forward, and into the elevator beside Scott.

My mom screeched as she tried to help the metal doors of the elevator close. When they finally did, a loud thud echoed off of the walls, causing the elevator to shake violently.

I felt something touch my fingers, and I quickly brought my thickly rimmed, black glasses to my face, squinting as my vision cleared.

I looked to Scott, and he spoke breathlessly, "We never should have read that book."

I let out a short breath, "Yeah, no shit."

Earlier that day.

"So basically, we're looking for abnormal behavior?" Theo asked.

Scott and I nodded, "Anyone acting a little off or a little weird."

We leaned against the school railing outside, watching as people walked across the school campus.