Chapter 14

Wait for the song to begin.

Chapter 14

🎶🎶 I shook my head as Malia painlessly stood me up, keeping a tight grip on my waist.

I squinted at the blurry forms around me, "I can't see anything. It's all blurry."

As I moved, I tensed, hearing the unfamiliar frantic whispers of doctors pounding against my skull, "Why am I not in pain? I just-" I choked on my words, "I just got hit by a car!"

Malia shook her head, pulling me away from the road, "The car stopped before it hit you, Katherine. You just... Fainted. It was like you had been hit without even touching the car."

I shook my head, rubbing my eyes as the whispers grew even louder, even more frantic, "It felt so real, though. Like it had actually happened."

Malia sighed, "I think it did."

I gave her a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"I think you were hit by a car when you were younger." She said, "And I think the Doctors operated on you, just like Lydia."

**

Malia guided me to the locker room, and sat me on the bench across from my brother.

Scott moved, and turned to Malia, "What happened?!" He asked.

"I remembered." I whispered, "I remembered them."

Malia grabbed my hand, "She had a flashback of when she was younger. She was hit by a car, Scott. She fainted, and she thought it was real. Now she's saying she can't see."

"What do you mean?" He asked again.

I rubbed my eyes, "Like when I was human. Everything's blurry, and I can't see. I can't see anything at all." I sighed, "I'm blind again."

I heard him take in a deep breath, and walk to a locker, "Yeah, I had some human problems of my own." He said, placing something in my hands.

I looked down, and felt the thickly rimmed glasses in my hand, "You still have them?" I asked incredulously.

As I put them on, everything cleared, and I could finally see the faces around me, making me relax, "Finally." I breathed.

Scott nodded, "They may seem like just a pair of plastic to you, but to me, it reminds me of who we were before we were bitten. Before we were... Anything."

Malia squeezed my hand, "I'm gonna go, okay? Call me if you need me." (A/N:Cue Kim Possible)..

I nodded, and let my hand slowly slip from hers as she left, exiting the locker room right as Theo entered.

"You two gonna be okay?" He asked.

I shrugged, and Scott cleared his throat, "Yeah.. Um. I think it was just the memory hitting us." He said. "A psychosomatic thing."

Theo didn't say anything as he rummaged through his locker.

He seemed hesitant in his movements, and I rubbed my head, "Did you want to talk about something?" I asked.

He gave me a soft smile, shaking his head, "No, it can wait." He grabbed his bag, shutting his locker.

I shook my head, "No. No, it's totally okay. What's wrong?"

He walked to Scott and I, taking a seat beside my brother, "It's about last night." He said, "When you guys were asleep," he looked to me, "well, most of you. I went upstairs to check on Kira. She was sleeping, but..." He trailed off, making Scott's eyes widen.