Chapter 20

Play = 🎶🎶

Chapter 20

As we ran, my phone rang loudly.

I held up a hand, waving the guys on when they stopped running, "Guys, go ahead, I'll be there soon."

They nodded, and quickly took off in desperate directions.

I pressed the answer button, "Hello?"

Malia didn't say anything, heavy breathing the only thing audible on the line.

I sighed, "Are you going to talk, or-"

"I hate this." She interrupted, "I hate losing like this. I'm not like you or Scott. I can't deal with another body. Another failure."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Malia, what are you talking about?"

She said nothing, and I ran a hand through my long hair, "Listen, about the situation in the bathroom-"

A low hum flew through the line of my phone, and I froze, slowly pulling my phone away from my ear.

I looked at the blank screen, and nodded, "She hung up on me." I breathed.

I thought over it for a moment, and saw my vision blur with tears, "I can't believe she hung up on me." I whispered.

Malia never hung up on me.

I bit my shaky lip, "We're falling apart." I sighed, "My packs falling apart."

I sniffled, pushing my emotions to the back of my mind, and took off in search of Theo and Scott.

**

I let out a breath when I finally caught up with the boys.

"Security's still looking." Scott told us.

I turned my back to the elevator, as Theo spoke, "I haven't seen anything either."

I nodded, "Same here."

The ding of the elevator sounded, and the three of us turned to watch as the doors repeatedly opened and close, the ding never stopping.

"Now they're here." Scott said.

I froze, closing my eyes when images of Corey and the Doctors invaded my mind.

"What's happening? What are you seeing?"

I opened my eyes, keeping my face blank as I pushed past the boys, "Corey's dead." I told them, "Follow me."

I jogged down he basement stairs, leading the boys down to the ambulance garage. I weaved in and out of the small paths between the cars, stopping in front of Corey's body.

Theo and Scott crouched down, staring at the silver blood that coated the front part of his body.

I looked to his stomach, smelling fresh blood, "They stabbed him." I concluded.

Theo sighed, looking to my brother, "We should go." He said.

Scott's eyes never left Corey as he stood, "We need to find Hayden." He said.

Theo stood, and nodded to me, "You're coming with me to the school, there's another dead chimera."

I nodded, "So I've heard." I said, nodding to Scott before leaving with Theo.

**

Theo held my wrist as we stood in the horse of students in front of the newly found body.

Stilinski caught our eyes, and he walked over, motioning us forward.