Chapter 15

Play = 🎶🎶

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG TO WRITE THESE NEXT CHAPTERS!!

I'M SO EXCITED!

Enjoy this chapter and have an amazing day!

Chapter 15

I watched closely as Stiles pulled back the sheet, showing the bloodied face of a boy.

"Did you know him?" Stiles asked.

Stiles had called Scott and I as we were leaving the hospital, telling us about something "very urgent" and "protection worthy".

"His name was Josh." Scott said.

I nodded, "Yeah, he was a Junior." I told them.

Theo and Stiles shared a look before pulling the sheet back over Josh's body.

"Which one was it?" I asked, "Was it the one with the cane?"

Stiles looked to Theo as if he didn't know the answer, and Theo nodded, "Yeah."

"What are we going to do with him?" Stiles asked, "We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. All right, someone's gotta stay here with him."

Theo sighed, "I'll do it." He said. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

Scott's phone buzzed, and we shared surprised looks.

"What is it?"

"Another one. Another Chimera."

**

I knocked on the door first, "Hayden? Hayden, if you're in there, I need you to know that we're not going to hurt you, okay? We're trying to help you. Which is hard when there's a large, wooden door in between us."

I stepped out of the way, and Scott stepped up, "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... We wanna help."

Scott stepped closer to Liam, whispering lowly, "I can hear her heart beating, she's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here. Then I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked.

Liam shrugged, "I don't know."

I stepped forward, "Okay, so she's definitely a Chimera?" I asked.

Liam looked to me, "She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves.' "

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles said, stepping closer to the bathroom door, "Hayden. This is Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

He quickly stepped back, motioning me forward.

"We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And from what I've heard... It seems to be better when you can see the person you're talking to."

Scott pushed me away lightly, "Look, either you're gonna unlock the door, or I'm gonna have to break it down. It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just... I gotta know you're okay in there."

We stepped back, and Scott readied himself to knock the door down, when it slowly unlocked, creaking open.

I pushed the door open even further, my eyes widening as Hayden stood in the dark, her eyes glowing, claws grown, and canines out.