⋆ Rosy cheeks ⋆

This could happen to anyone, it happened to me. It's one of the things love doesn't give you a warning about, the massive heartbreak.

And in my case, the pity and cause of effect.

I mean sure you know eventually you'll get heartbroken but you never really see it coming, I sure as hell didn't.

I was 15 years old, I was just like any other 15 year old girl but I guess I wasn't.

It was September, and the first day of school. Most memory's are a blur to be honest, it's all a little foggy. Except for when I think about him and our first encounter, I remember everything about him. I remember that it was time for my next class so I walked in the halls like any other student to my class. My English class was on the second floor, and all the way to the end of the narrow hallway. I remember perfectly the water fountain beside my class to the left, I'd constantly ask to get water so I could take a peek into his classroom. Eventually my teacher got suspicious so I stopped asking to get water, but I didn't stop thinking about him.

I was just walking daydreaming in my own world being my typical 15 year old self when his blue eyes caught me by surprise. He was standing outside his classroom door as students filed in, and I was so compelled. I've never seen him in the previous year so I knew he must've been new.

He was very serious, I remember that about him. Always so serious, and the intimidating type. He was elegant, and well dressed and I remember wishing I had him for a class, any class. He was a tall man and he was very handsome, many of the girls surely agreed but he gave off a dark aura so many of his students and even coworkers tried to distance themselves.

He was a very off limits teacher, and I was an immature 15 year old student. I knew it'd be impossible to ever hold his hand, or to ever get a closer look at his scar so I just kept him in my thoughts as my little secret.

Glancing at him I knew he was young, younger than the other teachers.

I was walking slowly trying to take in every feature, like the stubble growing, and the faint scar under his left eye (which I still think about.) Than he looked at me. He was looking at me, and I swear I felt it.

I felt it in my belly accompanied by the butterflies.

I felt it in my legs when I thought they turned to jello.

I felt it in my fingers when they tingled, yearning to touch his hand and see how it felt.

Those 5 seconds, turned into a lifetime for me.

I don't remember walking past him because I was so tangled up in my thoughts, but I sure remember snapping out of it and finding myself seated in a desk.

My face felt flushed, and I knew my cheeks were red.