⋆ Apologies ⋆

My stomach churned Tuesday night, and my thoughts raced through my mind. The thought of having to face him, was scary.

3 am and I was still wide awake laying in bed, trying to fall asleep but my pounding heart wouldn't allow me to calm down.

By 7 am I was up and getting ready for school, and although I only got 3 hours of sleep I felt more awake than ever. I stopped to get some coffee on the way, and when I arrived to the front doors and I felt my heart pounding so hard I thought it would pop out of my chest.

My hands got clammy and I took a deep breath before walking inside. I walked though the halls and with each step I took, I calmed because today felt just like any other day. So far so good.

At lunchtime I sat by my locker alone, eating my food when 2 feet stepped in front of me. I looked up and it was him. My face flushed and I looked down. "Can we please talk, privately?" He asked quietly.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said packing up, and attempting to walk away.

"Please just- give me 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes to explain to you and if you never want to speak to me again then so be it, but just let me explain." He pleaded and I felt a stab of guilt in my chest.

"5 minutes." I said. We walked to his room and when he shut the door, I felt my guard disappear into thin air.