⋆ Rumour ⋆

I went home early that day. I later found out Connor and his friends were the ones who wrote that on my locker.

When I got home, I cried for a few hours unable to stop. I have never been popular, and suddenly everyone knew me because of what they think I've done. All because of that word, I was known throughout the school. He told people that I let him touch me and then accused me of leaving the movie with an older boy.

People added on to the story and by lunch my teachers couldn't even look me in the eye without feeling uncomfortable. My friend who was with me at the movie told people it was a lie, that Connor was a liar but no one believed her. They all thought she was just covering for me, a friendly gesture to clear up the mess.

For the next few days I stayed home and the next few months I felt so out of place, my group of friends didn't believe me even though I had a witness.  They stopped talking to us, and she, who stood up for me eventually just gave up and stopped speaking to me as well.

I no longer had friends, and people thought I was a whore. It hurt knowing I was lonely, and couldn't do anything about it. It hurt knowing people were aware I was lonely, and didn't bother to do anything.