⋆ Misery ⋆

"Just try it." He mumbled, so I did.

I tried it, and found myself unable to stop. My soul felt more free than ever, as if I was finally breaking away from the chains that have held me captive all these years.

It wasn't long before he caught me. I stumbled across his front steps at three in the morning, as if I've been there numeral times. I knocked and rang the doorbell, and giggled at how crazy I was. I was so bold, it wasn't me.

It wasn't me at all.

When he opened the door and saw me, I felt my bravery disappear into thin air. He mumbled some nonsense before grabbing me and shoving me inside. He sat me on the couch and made me tea, and took care of me until I slowly sobered up.

He was angry, and disappointed. I could see it in his eyes. "How did you even find my address?" He asked and I started to giggle.

"Google." I replied.

"Why?" He asked more serious this time and I stared at him confused.

"Why what?" I mumbled.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" He responded and I felt at loss for words.

I wasn't doing anything to myself.

Was I?

"Ugh. I'm gonna go home, screw this. Screw you." I said and he shook his head in disappointment.

"You can't just drink your problems away. You're only sixteen years old." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Stop acting so immature." He said and I felt my insides squirm.

"I'm sixteen, I'm allowed to act immature because I am still considered a child by law! God I hate when you go all teacher mode on me. Go try that on someone else like maybe your new girlfriend Lydia." I said dismissing him with my hand and walking off.

"What's your problem with Lydia? There's nothing going on between us so quit making assumptions. You're drunk, do you even hear yourself?" He said coldly and I felt my chest clench. My eyes prickled with tears but I refused to lose it now in front of him.

"She got me suspended, and she harasses me at school. She says that I am ugly, and no one will ever love me. She printed photos of my journal, and hung them up around the school for everyone to see. But you're wondering what my problem is with her?" I said bitterly.

"I spoke to the principal about the bullying, and everything. I called your mom, and we had a meeting and I told them you were having troubles with other students. You would've gotten away with the incident if you hadn't trashed the principles office and lost your temper! Yes, Lydia came to me in the morning with her side of the story but I'm not a fool. I know what she's capable of and then you came to my room screaming like a psycho! I never took her side, I was on yours the entire time but you messed this up for yourself! Be glad you got suspended and not expelled because that took a lot of convincing considering most of the school staff wanted you gone!" He said yelling by the end and I tried so hard not to cry.

I swallowed roughly, and clenched my jaw shut.

"Don't call my mother. Ever. No matter how bad things get. Believe me, you'd be wasting her time." I mumbled before turning around and walking away.

"You're not walking home drunk!" He said angrily grabbing my arm.

"Get your hands off of me!" I screamed and he sighed. "I'm not even being rough. I just don't want you to walk home drunk, I'm trying to do the right thing here." He said bitterly clearly fed up with my drunken behaviour.

"Before whenever I was near you, I'd feel so happy.." I mumbled.

"And now?" He interrupted quietly.

"Now whenever I'm near you, I tend to feel miserable." I mumbled.