The Heart of Life

Katy's POV

I waited anxiously for John to come home. It's past midnight and he still isn't here. I know that he is busy working on this new album but it shouldn't take that long.

I've called him at least 10 times and left him a couple of text messages, but still no sign of him. He must have his phone off.

I let out a sigh of frustration and decided to go down there myself, I couldn't sit here any longer.

I got up and found my hoodie along with my phone and headed downstairs. Just as I'm about to open the front door, John walked in and bumped into me.

"Katy?" He said looking around since it was dark, I didn't bother turning on the light.

I quickly found the light switch and flicked it up, turning on the light and finding John was really close to me.

He looked tired and frustrated, I felt bad for him. I know what he was going threw because I've been there as well.

I took a step back giving us some space and shyly looked up at him as I bit my lip nervously.

"What took you so long?" I asked, not in a rude way I wasn't in the mood to fight.

"We had a very long meeting about when we should release the album, when I should go on tour stuff like." He sighed and looked at me, noticing the car keys in my hand.

"Where were you going ?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"I was gonna come stop by the studio to see-"

"What you don't trust me?" He asked looking hurt and angry. Fuck that came out the wrong way.

"Of course I do, I just was wor-"

"Obviously you don't otherwise you wouldn't go" he said annoyed.

"Well it shouldn't take you that long John. You left at what around seven ? And now its past midnight and your barely coming home! I was just worried."

"I can't believe you would think I would ever cheat on you, I love you so much Katy!" He said raising his voice while running a hand through his hair.

"Your taking this too far John. That's not what I was thinking at all! Is it wrong for me to see if my fiancé is okay?" I was so frustrated. He was taking this to far.

He shook his head and walked right past me going to the living room. I followed him as he sat down and put his head in his hand. I sat across from him and folded my arms across my chest.

"I'm a grown man Katy I don't need my girlfriend to come see if I'm okay. I can handle myself." Oh so he referred to me as his girlfriend not fiancé .

I can't believe he's acting this way. Know what if he wants to be like that then so will I.

"You know what your right, sorry that I care and try to be a good girlfriend" I said harshly and got up

"You can take the quest bed too, I don't want you to think I care too much" I said and walked into my room and slammed my door shut.

I sat on my bed and cried silently, I hate fighting with him. We need each other more than ever now that we are both going to be parents.

I sighed and wiped away my tears and started getting ready for bed. I put my hair up in a messy bun as it kept sticking to my wet face.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and hoped John would come in here so could make up, but instead I heard the guest room being open and slammed shut. 

A/N sorry for this short sucky chapter :/