Chapter 8

FAY'S POV

Sounds of laughter and people talked filled my ears. I woke up startled and sat upright on the bench I had lain upon. It seemed that I was at the secluded part of the park. Across the vast lake.

" You are finally awake."

I turned to the right to see Chad was standing beside the bench carrying two Styrofoam cups. He gave one to me and sat down.

" I didn't know what to get you, so I asked for cappuccino. Is it okay?"

" It's okay, thanks. Although I prefer white coffee."

" I wish I knew."

" Don't worry but next time be right or else."

" So that's a date?"

"Ummm..."

What the heck! I held the cup with both of my hands and pretended to take the drink hoping Chad didn't see me blushing.

" So... How did I come to find myself here at the park?"

"Oh! You fainted. And when I came near you I saw that your top was stained. One of the waiters there told some girl poured hot chocolate on your back but she had already gone. It seemed you were in an aftershock or something. I carried you out of there to the park which thankfully was a walking distance. I also covered with you with my jacket."

I noticed that I was wearing a big brown jacket. I thanked him and we fell into a comfortable silence, sipping our drinks.

" How did you know where I was by the way?"

" My sister called me saying that she wanted to be picked up ASAP. "

" But she had her car."

" I knew that too but she started making up excuses and said it was urgent."

" Funny. She left without telling me what was going on. So when did you return?"

"Yesterday. Did you already miss me? " He asked, grinning at me.

"Don't be full of yourself. I was shocked to see you today." I playfully smacked his shoulder with my hands almost spilling my drink.

" Hey! Watch it. I don't want to be washed with cappuccino."

I stuck my tongue out then watched as lake shimmering under the afternoon sun. The place was so beautiful.

"So should we start going?"

I rose and as I turned, Chad held my hand.

" Why don't we stay for a while? It's still early to go home."

I looked at him. He was gazing at me pleadingly. Hmmm. I started walking, using my energy to not let go of his hand and dragging him.

" What the..."

He fell on the grass with a thud and I fell on him as he pulled me towards him. I tried to get off but he pushed me back onto him with his arm.

" You're evil plan is thwarted Fay."

" You think so..."

I managed to rise and found myself gazing into his eyes. They were so blue. I felt something cold seeping inside my clothes. I got of him and saw that he was holding his cup and it was tilted. I had forgotten I had removed his jacket when I stood from the bench.

" Ooops!"

" Chad! You are so gonna get it!"

By the time I said that he had already stood and pacing in front of me. Time passed while we were chasing each other and after that we were talking about our past. He told me about his parents death and how he started taking drugs. How he was caught and forced to stop the habit when he was taken to military school. And his life in college studying marine technology.

" I've always been interested in marine life since I was a toddler. Especially the dolphins. I just hope I'll be able to build something that will enable me to understand them."

"I thought it was already built?"

" I know but I want to use my own creation."

" You really are full of yourself."

" The sunset is so beautiful."

"Changing the subject, are you?"

We gazed at the sunset and as it disappeared we started gathering our stuff and Chad led me towards his car. During the car drive we were quiet but in a comfortable kind of quiet. We finally arrived near my house. Before I got out of the car, I just had to ask something.

" Chad?"

" Yes?"

I felt his gaze on me but I still looked in front feeling nervous.

" Wh..when will go back to college?"

"Next week.Why?"

"Uumm...just curious. Ah...bye! "

"HEY! FAY!?"

I got out of the car and was heading to the front porch when I felt a tag on my right arm. I tried to push myself forward but I found myself lying on a broad chest.

" Fay? "

" Who are you?"

I found myself facing an angry dad.

" I'm Chad, Chelsea's sister... I mean brother. I was just dropping off Fay so... uh..bye Fay. "

Chad left and my dad signalled me to enter the house.

Gulp!

"So I'm going to my room..."

" Well.. I don't want to see with that boy."

What?

" Huh? Why? And why do you care?"

" You are not allowed to see him."

" You haven't answered me."

" And I don't need to because I'm your father."

" So what?"

" You are grounded and if you dare go and see him you'll get a worse punishment."

" But..."

" My word is final and don't think I won't find out."

" Fine. But I'm sure I won't even see him again."

I stomped off angry tears flowing from my eyes. Why the sudden interest in my life and a sudden control over it.

MR. FITZBYL POV

" It's for your protection Fay." I mumbled as she left.

I sat at the couch that was near me and held my face. Trying to calm myself.

" Ramona...it's starting to happen..."