Chapter 17

After graduation, Chelsea seemed completely out of it. It wasn't unusual since the disappearance of Fay but it still worried Chad. He himself had no recollection of the party whatsoever although he heard that he was the one who saved Fay when she was abducted.

CHAD'S POV

"Hey Chels....Chels?"

Chelsea didn't respond. We were walking to the parking lot to get to my car and Chelsea was too quiet. I wasn't used to this and it was driving me nuts. So I did what any respectable brother would do. I gave her a noogie.

"AAH!STOP IT CHAD!"

"Finally a reaction."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you wanna hang out in the park? My treat."

"Sure. Why not?"

At the park

"What do I get for you?"

"Get me two hot-dogs with hot sauce and a cola."

"Not going on a diet?"

"Shut up and hurry up."

I left Chels and chuckled while I headed to the hot dog vendor. At least she was going back to normal, almost. That is, she's mostly a health freak. Today seemed an exception.

As I was walking by, I hit somebody.

"....I'm sorry."

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't..."

We both froze when we looked at each other. It couldn't be.  I held both of her arms before she escaped.

"Hey. Let me go."

I reached for her sunglasses and removed them. Those beautiful brown orbs stared me with fear and panic in them.

"Fay! It really is you."

I hugged so tightly, feeling relief.

Suddenly I was hit on the gut. I released her.

"Ow! What did you do that for?"

"What do you think?"

She started to walk away.

"Fay!....Wait!"

She started running away. Before I could follow her, I heard Chels calling out for me. 

Damn.

FAY'S POV

I ran as fast as I could. When I turned to the farthest corner of the park, I dropped myself on the ground. That's got to be the most strenuous exercise I've done in my life. I was panted heavily and I felt that I couldn't move a muscle. 

I don't know how long I stayed like but the more time I took there, the more disappointed I felt. Finally standing up and walking back, I saw that there were fewer people than before. I didn't see anyone who was familiar to me and left.

CHAD'S POV 

Its freezing cold tonight. I blew air on my hands while rubbing them together. After dropping off Chels, who went to prepare for the prom, I decided to take a walk. A lot of things crossed my mind especially about Fay. I didn't understand why she always avoided me, then she disappears suddenly and reappears like a ghost. 

While I was in my thoughts, I unconsciously turned to another neighborhood and that's where I saw a strange plant. It was potted plant that was placed at the front of one of the generic houses. Some leaves were pink and others purple. What made it strange that they slightly glowed. When I went closer to it, I saw that they were coated with blue freckles. Curiosity got the better of me and I took one for further inspection...

FAY'S POV

"Didn't I tell you that it's dangerous to go outside? Why can't you listen to simple instructions?"

"But nothing happened when I went outside. I even wore a disguise."

My dad and I were in the middle of arguing  after he caught me coming back home. I knew I was in danger because I was different but it made me feel trapped, like a bird in a cage. Today would have been my happiest moment where I got to graduate and perhaps even go to the graduation prom but instead I have to go in hiding.

Seeing that this argument was not going anywhere, I fled to the backyard. 

His POV

His POV

The place was silvered and transformed by the light of  the full moon, transforming my love into a radiant being. Her pale face glowed and the tears that cascaded down her cheeks glittered.  Her long flowing white dress made her look more divine. Oh, my darling love, let me comfort thee.

Fay's POV

The snap of a twig caused me to snap out of my reverie. I turned and saw a shadowy figure at the corner of the house. I swallowed back a scream. Is this already happening? My 'demise'? 

"Wh...who are you? Come out an...and show yourself!"

The shadow figure moved forward and I saw...

"Chad? What are you doing here?"

"To comfort you, my love."

"Huh?"

The body was Chad's alright but his accent and behavior was off-kilter. He moved closer and saw that his eyes were a glowing blue. I unconsciously moved back until I found myself trapped between the hedge. He drew closer and towered over me.

Then I felt his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears that I was shedding.

"Don't cry anymore. I'm here for you."

His husky voice comforted me as he leaned and I felt his lips brush mine. At first it was soft and gentle tease but soon turned to hot, fiery and passionate one. I wanted to pull away before I lose myself but I can't seem to..., my senses have been seduced and I could no longer think straight. His tongue teased the seams of my mouth, probing for an entrance and I easily complied.  The hot passionate moment turned into an explosion of desire and lust and before my body could instinctively ask for more, I found myself forcibly separated from his warm body.

My haziness soon disappeared as I watched my father punch him repeatedly.

"DAD! WA..WAIT!.... STOP IT!"

He stopped and mumbled under my breathe before he dragged me away.