Chapter 10

"Fay! Wait up!"

I stopped near the main door of the school and turned.School had ended for the day. Brandon was running towards me and when he finally caught up, he held my shoulder so as to take a breather.

" Unfit much?" I raised my eyebrow.

" Harsh much? " He shot back.

" Soooo...what's up?"

He let go off my shoulder and kept his distance. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his grey hoodie and started biting his lower lip which I noticed had a lip ring. How will it feel on my lips if I kissed him? The lip ring allured me that I was oblivious to the fact that Brandon had stopped biting his lip and was now smirking.

" Love the view?"

I snapped out of it.Dirty thoughts..stay out...stay out. I shook my head.

" Nope! So what's up?"

" Oh! Would you...would you like to go out with me?"

What!? Did I hear right?

" Uum...What?"

" I said...WOULD YOU..."

" Quiet down! You are attracting unwanted attention."

A crowd of people were surrounding us. What's with me and attracting attention this week? I really hate the spotlight . I dragged a smirking Brandon outside at the parking lot.

" I got it the first time." I said when I let go of his arm. When I looked at him he was grinning at me.

" So will you?"

" I...I don't know."

" It's either a yes or no, Fay." He had suddenly become serious. His hands were folded in front of him. What the heck?

" I'll think about it."

" That's not..."

" She will go out with you, right Fay?"

What? Chelsea came towards us and hugged me tightly.

"When did I agree to this...oomph"

Her hold tightened. I couldn't breath.
"Stop denying it Fay. Didn't you tell me that you had a crush on him?"
I felt my jaw had fallen on the cold hard floor of the parking lot. Is she kidding me? I had never told her anything about that.

"She was even swooning over this drawing when I picked her up a couple of days ago."

With her free hand, she revealed Brandon's drawing that he gave me. Where had she found it? I remembered that I had lost it when she threw me out that day. I had looked for it everywhere and asked her about it.

"Oh really?" Brandon's smirk came back.
"So I guess it's a yes then?"
"Yes...no..I mean..."
"See you at 7 tomorrow then,at the new cafe. Don't keep me waiting."

He turned and left. Before I could do anything, Chels dragged me to her car. I stopped her before she pushed me into the passenger seat.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"What? I was trying to help you.."
"You are trying to set me up with Brandon. And you know I'm not interested in him."
"But you will be.." A sly smile was plastered on her face.
"How can you resist the bad boy of the school?"
"All I've seen of him is his shyness. How could he be the bad boy everyone's talking about? I see that with Ashton but not him."
"That's because he likes you..."
"You're bluffing."
"C'Mon Fay. Just go out with him. That'll be better for both of you."
Brandon and you.
Oh no! Chels was using the puppy-eyed look. She knew I couldn't resist it. I closed my eyes, trying to evade the look.

"Please...It would be best."
"But..."
"You know Brandon better than him who you've seen once."
"Ok."
"Pl...ok?Yes!! Let's go shopping for date."
"Wait..."

The date was a complete disaster. I found out that Brandon and I had completely different tastes except for art and academics. He's lived his whole life in luxury while I endured life with the little I had before dad married.
We disagreed a lot until we were kicked out of the cafe for causing a commotion.
But somehow we ended up being friends.