Chapter 3

Flashback

I was in 9th grade in my Chemistry learning about Carbon when I met Chelsea. I was sitting at the left back corner near the windows. She had entered this class and Mr. Conery introduced her to the class. When she was told to take a seat, she sat beside me because it was the only empty seat in class.

I took a good look at her through my big glasses. She had long blonde hair that reached her waist . She wore a white top and blue skinny jeans and blue doll shoes. They all looked expensive especially her accessories. It seems she felt me gazing at her because she gave a puzzled look when she looked at me. I waved shyly and she waved back. I felt relieved, releasing my breathe which I didn't know I had held. That gave me hope that maybe she'll be one of those people who made my life a living hell. Suddenly she removed her IPhone 6 from her pocket and started texting while the lesson continued. I looked away so that Mr. Conery didn't become suspicious. I didn't want Chelsea to get in trouble during her first plus I really hoped that we could be friends.

The bell rang and after that, I didn't see Chelsea again that day.

It was one week before the Winter dance then Winter break. I was opening my locker and hid my face from people as tears flowed from my face. I had just had my most humiliating moment. The best prank Chelsea and Kate have ever done. It was after Physical Education yesterday. I was at the changing room looking for my clothes in my locker that had mysteriously disappeared. I had my covered my body with a towel after taking a shower. Note to self, never take a shower in the school faculties, remembering the grime that covered the walls. I barely use the faculties but today was necessary because the lights and water supply was cut off at home. Considering I had no friends to help me this was the best alternative. Then a note fell of from my locker;

MEET ME AT THE GYM IF U WANT UR CLOTHES BACK.

My eyes popped wide. What! I couldn't go like this! I decided it was better off I stay here until 5 p.m. when people left after cheerleading practice and basketball practice. It was already 4 p.m. As I stayed there, I looked for anything that can cover me other than my towel. I found an old stained shirt but it smelled like vomit and piss so I threw it away. The clothes I found were too small for my body. All of a sudden, the door to the changing room was banged open and I felt my towel being pulled open and flashes of a camera were heard.

" Wow Fay. I didn't know that you liked stripping in the changing room. Is it your favorite pass time?" Kate said triumphantly. She folded her arms on her chest as her eyes looked at me in disgust and a hint of mischief. I wanted to the floor to swallow me now. Beside her, Chelsea was waving the camera. The goon who had stripped me off my towel moved away from me, her hands still clutching my towel. All of them were in their cheerleading uniforms.

" Where are my clothes Kate?" I asked through my gnashing teeth. I was so pissed off but because I didn't want to get into trouble I held back my anger but my fists had already formed, already forgetting to cover my private parts.

"Ooooh....I don't know. As you can see, I have been practicing in the gym which btw has helped me with my fab body unlike you."

" Don't play games with me okay , Kate. I just want my clothes back."

" Oh. Says the stripper who has a poor excuse of a body."

I don't know whether it was the pent up frustration and anger for being tortured by Kate or just the fact she just insulted me but I snapped. Next thing I knew, I was holding Kate's blonde locks and her face was being squished by the nearest locker.

" Where are my clothes, Kate?"

" I don't know bitch. Leave me alone."

It seemed she was fortunate when the basketball coach came before I smashed her face severally on the locker. He broke off the fight and demanded the other girls to give me something to cover myself before he started interrogating all of us. Kate started bawling and hugging the coach, claiming that I attacked her when she asked why I didn't have my clothes on. The coach was tongue-tied. He looked smitten by her and I wasn't shocked that he was the current fling to Kate. I shuddered noting that I usually found out Kate's flings in unusual ways and in completely awkward situations, not that I was stalking her or anything.