Chapter 12

A/N; This is during the basketball match.

MR. FITZYBL POV

BANG! BOOM!

Rain kept on pouring followed by thunderstorms and lightning. I sit on the lounge chair facing the window with a cup of hot coffee. My wife had gone to bed, claiming she didn't feel well. I look through the window to see the grey clouds and lightning strike. I laugh as I remember how my daughter reacted during such weather when she was five years old.

Flashback

"Aah! " Fay hid crawled further into the blankets. There was a heavy downpour and when lightning and thunder occurred, and then the lights went off. Luckily, Fay's bed lamp was a rechargeable so it stayed on. I was reading her a story about a little mermaid. I had reached where the king of the seas was very angry, causing a storm filled with thunder and lightning.

"Daddy! Is he angry at us now too?"

Tears formed on her eyes. I chuckled lightly.

" That , my dear, I don't know...Well I guess it's time for me to go."

BANG! CRASH!

"Aaah!"

The bed had formed a shaking ball in the middle.

" Do you want me to stay with you till it goes."

Her head popped from the bed and she nodded. Her eyes were already red and her pale skin was flushed.

End of flashback

Those times seemed to be the last good memories I had with her before I became distant. She was becoming more and more like her mother. I hadn't yet overcome her death for all this time so it was becoming harder and harder to face Fay.

Flashback

People cheered when I placed the necklace on Ur. It had a blue talisman that turned purple when it finally rested between her breasts. I was finally complete. I had finally made my first love mine. Now she would be Ursa while I would be Jirpus from Jirp and both of us turned purple. (Ur was pink and I was blue). It was the happiest moment of my life. On that day, I also became a fully pledged priest of this community.

Time lapse- 8months

I was busy performing the harvest ritual when a bright light struck me. Next thing I saw was an invasion in our land by strange creatures and many of my people were killed. Next thing I saw was my beloved dying, blood covering her on her lower torso and strange noises. I tried calling out to her but no voice came out from me. Then everything went dark.

When I came to, I saw my wife leaning towards me with a wet clothe. Was it a vision that I just saw? Sadness suddenly overwhelmed me and then I found myself in Ursa's arms. I cried. I couldn't believe I was going to lose her when I had barely got her.

2months later

Only a few weeks before Ursa would give birth. I'm really happy. Our family would soon become bigger. It has been two months since my last vision. It worried me. I didn't know when that vision would occur. I tried acting normal since then, for the sake of our community and my love. I had not mentioned anything specific about it except warn the people about impending danger and as the leader, I ensured that there were more weapons for the warriors and defense mechanisms were advanced and added around. I also tried taking to the other leaders of other clans but most of them ridiculed me and ignored me. My clan was the smallest hence the other clans didn't respect it.