Chapter 18

Fay's POV

"Dad! Dad!"

My dad was holding my hand firmly has he hurriedly rushed inside the house. When we were halfway across the house, I heard an explosion. Chad!This time his firm grip on me tightened and then thing I knew, we were passing through walls and found myself in a place full of weapons, mostly guns. Was there such a place at home? 

He then released my hand and started selecting various weapons. His back was on my view at the time and showed that he didn't want to be disturbed at the moment.

"Stay here."

"But..."

"Just this once can you listen? You ARE in DANGER! Can't you understand that?"

"What about Chad?"

"He'll be alright. Just stay here."

He left and I heard the door be locked.

As if I could stay still.

  I took a weapon that seemed slightly familiar, a pistol.

Before I managed to open the door, I heard an explosion and fear and panic engulfed me.

DAD! 

I shook the door handle ferociously and hitting the door. 

DAD! DAD!

I don't know what caused it, but I heard a click then the door opened. I didn't bother investigating what happened as I ran to where I had left an explosion. 

I gasped. The whole house lay in ruins. 

At the front porch, the sight that welcomed me was nauseating. Covered on soot and charred was the skeleton of a house and burnt corpses lay on the ground.
I would have puked my guts out if I could but I remembered that my dad could be among them. I had to find him. As I cautiously passed the burnt corpses, I heard a weak voice calling out to me. 

I turned to the sound of the voice and saw my dad. 

"DAD! "

I rushed to him. A large puddle of black-red liquid surrounded him. I stepped on it as I neared him and kneeled in front of him. I tried to touch him but limply shook his head and flinched in pain.

"There's no point in helping me Fay..."

I almost refuted but then, I noticed that only his upper torso was existent. I held back a scream of horror. I gulped. Behind the soot, his face was contorting in pain as his eyes that almost looked lifeless were filled with pain regret.

"But dad..."

"No buts....Fa...." He croaked and his voice died down. The little life that was held within his eyes died completely.

"But..."

My voice trembled, choking a sob or most likely a shriek.

"Dad...dad...you are just sleeping right dad?"

I didn't noticed the big drops of tears falling as I held my dad's face.

"You know dad, you have a lot of explaining to do... Who are these creatures?....... Why did they attack our house? ......."

"DAD! DAD! YOU'VE LEFT ME WITHOUT EXPLAINING ANYTHING!"

"DAD! DAD!" 

I screamed.

A/N; THE END?

Well hello fellow Wattpaders. Through The Window has finally ended. But don't worry, there's a sequel but I don't know when I will start. Maybe tomorrow or a year or two. It can't be helped that I really don't know how to multitask between studying in university and making stories. 

In the remaining stories, I'll try to update if I can.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:

 DebjaniChakraborty-https://www.wattpad.com/user/DebjaniChakraborty

Thank you for support (votes, reads and comments) and also creating this wonderful cover.

Neurrro for is constructive criticism and comments 

And all the other readers who've read my book.

ARIGATO