So Close

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I swore as I dragged my suitcase onto the bed, throwing as much of my clothes and belongings in there as quickly as I possibly could.

I had somehow managed to fall asleep before packing my suitcase for Melbourne, and we were set to leave for the airport in fifteen minutes.

And I was still in last nights clothes which I managed to fall asleep in.

"Knock knock!" Dan called through the door, tapping his knuckle against it twice. 

"Fuck," I rushed my way to the door, stumbling over a sock as I went, opening the door sweaty and out of breath. 

"Wow..." Dan's eyes widened as he looked at me, eyes flicking from my messy hair, to my sweaty face and down to my clothes from yesterday I was still in. "What did you forget to do?" 

"I haven't packed, I need to shower, I need to have breakfast, I need to get out of these clothes from yesterday. And I only have...twelve minutes." I rushed out, grabbing his wrist and pulling him into my apartment before slamming the door closed behind me. 

"Okay, it's fine. You go have your shower, throw on some jeans and I'll sort out your suitcase. And, I have this for you." He smiled, presenting me with my own Red Bull racing polo. "Christian gave it to me to give to you yesterday but I forgot to bring it round with me." He explained. 

"Thank you." I told him, grabbing the polo from him and a pair of jeans that were on the floor of my bedroom. Grabbing underwear, my make up bag and my hairbrush, I ran into the en suite, leaving Dan to continue with my suitcase. 

Dan

I laughed quietly to myself as I grabbed her suitcase, lifting it into the kitchen and placing it on top of the dining table. "Right breakfast..." I hummed as I searched through her cupboards, finding a box of pancake mixture. 

"Pancakes it is." I continued to hum to myself as I began working on the pancakes, folding an item of clothing from inside the suitcase before flipping the pancake over and repeating the same process. 

I continued that until I'd made four pancakes, piling them on a plate for her, before turning my focus to her suitcase, flicking the kettle on while doing so. 

Once I'd finished taking everything out of the suitcase, I then began to put it back in, a lot neater than how Alexis had done it. Zipping it shut after I'd finished, I picked it up, moving it to stand next to mine at the front door. Five minutes.

Walking back into the bedroom, I banged on the en suite door. "Lex! We've got five minutes, c'mon!" I shouted through to her, hearing a small reply of "okay" before walking back to the kitchen, pouring two cups of black coffee.

"I didn't know how you liked it so if you want any sugar or milk, let me know." I smiled at her, placing the pancakes and mug in front of her. "Sorry it isn't much, but limited time and all that."

"This is more than enough, thank you. You didn't have to." She smiled up at me.

"Food now, thanking later." I told her, holding out the fork which she took with a grateful smile before I turned my attention onto the washing up that needed to be doing.

Five minutes later, right on schedule, Lex had finished with her pancakes. "I'll wash this up, you go brush your teeth." I told her, taking away the empty plate and mug, washing them before putting everything away.

-

Alexis

"Thank you so much for this morning. Seriously." I laughed softly. "I was talking to Jade and must have fallen asleep without an alarm or packing my suitcase."