Commuovere

Comment and Vote please, it means a lot. x.

Sunday soon passed quickly, with Dan finishing in a solid 6th place, and I'd managed to stay in the 'friend-zone' with him, so to speak, it wasn't easy but at the same time it wasn't difficult, with Dan not pushing me into anything and waiting, so, so, patiently until I was ready to explain whatever was going on with me. It was just a matter of finding the right words and the right moment. 

I was currently on the way back 'home', to my flat in Milton Keynes while Daniel had gone off to his home in Monaco where he would stay until Wednesday before he was needed back here. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing that we wouldn't be together for two days, in terms of training, but also in terms of my feelings. I was taking the opportunity to sort out my feelings, hype myself up to explain what I can to him and to hopefully make him understand what and how I was feeling but also how he was feeling himself. Oh, and to carry on with work. That was probably another crucial thing to do. 

But first, a well deserved nap. 

-

Waking up after sleeping the entire day away was...odd. To put it simply. I didn't know whether I was already into Tuesday or whether it was still Monday.

One thing I did know was that I was starving.

Rolling over in my new bed, I reached up for my phone. Right, still Monday then. At least I was feeling refreshed. Well kinda, I definitely would be after a shower and some food. 

Food first.

Obviously. 

-

Monday and Tuesday soon passed quickly, the days seeming to just combine into one long day filled with naps, work and worrying about Daniel, more specifically my feelings and how he would take what I had to say.

Hopefully he'd be understanding. It wasn't like he was obnoxious or didn't listen to other people. Because he did. He proved that on the first day we'd met. 

It didn't stop the worrying though. Maybe nothing would change that though. No. No matter what I did from Monday to present was ever going to change him being so heart warming towards me. 

Nothing would change that. 

Maybe if I repeated it over and over again in my head then I'd actually start to believe it.

Nothing would change that.

Nope. Wasn't going to work.

Knocking on Daniel's door had to be the scariest moments of my life. Apart from when I got stuck in the elevator with the creepy man next door at one of my old flats. And that time I got chased by a Llama. But it was definitely up there in the top three.

He'd gotten back late afternoon yesterday, texting me to tell me he was still on for this morning's run. Which was good. I'd decided that then would be the time to tell him. After we'd run the same route we did on our first day training together. Bringing things in a nice circle if he did decide to fire me. Hopefully not. 

"Hey, long time no see.." The Australian broke me out of my thoughts as he opened the door, bringing me into a tight hug. 

I laughed softly, standing on my tip toes to wrap my arms around his neck, pressing my nose against his shoulder, breathing in his amazing scent.

How did he manage to always smell great?

"It's been two days Dan." I mumbled against his shoulder, teasing him as I tried to push the worry as far back in my mind as possible.