Chapter Forty Two | Deathly Still

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Never Let You Down by Woodkid (ft. Lykke Li)

Will you come along cause I'm about to leave this town,

In my eyes a waterfall and I can hear a siren call.

Could you be waiting by the shore?

Or I could drown without you.

Will you be holding out the line when I fall?

I'll never let you down,

Never let you down, oh.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER FORTY TWO  DEATHLY STILL

     THE OTHER SIDE WAS collapsing in on itself. I couldn't believe it. 

     Nik removes his phone by his ear and drops his hand to his side, his face grim. "Are you completely sure, Niklaus?" Elijah bursts out of his stupor first. The other brother nods, almost wearily, as though he couldn't believe his misfortune. "I made a call to a certain reluctant Benett witch in Mystic Falls. The veil to the Other Side is disintegrating, which is why we can see our dear old dad in our dreams."

     The Mikaelson's had just come back from Rousseau's, bewildered at the revelation that they had been seeing Mikael, their tempestuous father, in their nightmares at the same time. Knowing that this could not be a coincidence, they had immediately confronted Genevieve who denied the claims to her guilty actions. In fact, she is helping us now, flicking through the old pages of a derelict book that is falling out of its seams. "He's right, I've asked around." She says, frowning. "It's coming apart."

     I lean back on the rim of the sofa, crossing my arms as I bottle up my emotions. This was bad, bad for everyone. We couldn't risk having hallucinations of our departed family in the middle of this battle of New Orleans. We were already severely the underdogs, with the witches, werewolves and humans wanting to rebel against us at the same time. Not only that, but Marcel had somehow managed to persuade the vampires to join his rebellion. In complete honesty, I wasn't all that surprised to see Marcel have the power of his army backing him up. After all, they were his to begin with, and Nik had done nothing to dissuade this fact.