Chapter Four | Pure Disbelief

• Dedicated to YOU. ALL OF YOU!

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED/COMPLETELY REWRITTEN)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: What Now by Rihanna

I've been ignoring this big lump in my throat,

I shouldn't be crying,

tears were for the weaker days.

I'm stronger now, or so I say,

But something's missing.

Whatever it is,

It feels like it's laughing at me through the glass of a two-sided mirror,

Whatever it is,

it's just laughing at me.

And I just wanna scream.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

Finally, a huge thanks to all the AMAZING people to voted and commented. It's feels great to know that there are people out there that appreciate my work, even though I have, like, 20 votes right now :)

Therefore, this chapter is dedicated to all of you. Thank you!

          CHAPTER FOUR PURE DISBELIEF

     I TAKE A STEP back as though I have been slapped. My mouth forms aerobics, halfway formulating words before giving up as sound makes its way through my throat. I can't think properly. It felt as though there was a brick wall slamming repeatedly in front me, stopping my brain from functioning like it should.

       There are long feuds dating back to the Old World about the line of hate between the werewolf and vampire species. We are natural-blooded enemies, it is as simple as that. Certainly for the people who could let all that 'tradition' go, they could be friends. I myself was a werewolf's friend. But to actually get one pregnant? That was unheard of. 

     Then, as if the wall had magically vanished, a thought strikes me as clear as day. Werewolves could procreate, I knew that for a fact. But vampires could not. They were dead, for goodness' sake. I snort, slightly relieved, the pressure from my chest releasing like someone had popped a balloon. "Time out," I say, gesturing with my hands. "This ― " I point to Hayley's stomach, " ―  this isn't natural, witches! Vampires cannot have children. It's a fact!" I stress adamantly to get my point across, now more than slightly hysterical.