Chapter Twenty One | Don't Touch Me, You Filthy Mutt

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Under Control by Ellie Goulding

I'll never forget that feeling,
When I watched you disappear,
And you made me stop believing,
I could fight away the fear.
Now the smoke has cleared,
And the end is near,
It was my illusion,
Like a broken dream I was incomplete.
But your love was never the missing piece.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

           CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ―  DON'T TOUCH ME, YOU FILTHY MUTT

        I CLAMP A HAND over the smooth metallic tool and hug it into my jacket as quietly as I can, letting out a low murmur. Predictably, the car shudders to a halt and I push myself gently against the itchy covering in order to stay in one place.

       I part my lips as the familiar thud thud of blood enters my ears. I bite my cheeks harshly, trying to find something else to concentrate on. I let out a shaky breath in apprehension as the shadow nears the hood of the car.

      It was time.

      Incinerating heat and light infiltrates the darkness of the car and my instinct is to flinch and crawl into the depths of the shades. But I've been in situations like these before, and even though there is no professionalism to acquire as such ― because that was impossible ―  I was nearly a thousand years old. I was better at this than any average human could say they were.

      Peeking through the fallen strands of black hair sprawled across my face, I take note that my kidnapper was male. From what I could gather from the silhouette against the sun, he was bulky and muscular with a messy sprawl of hair.

      Still, visible strength has stopped scaring me a long time ago.

      Snarling, I leap out of the car boot and dig my nails into the man's profile. Unsuspecting of my consciousness, he stumbles and lets out a yell. He pushes me back, momentarily startling me. The kidnapper grabs at my hands, but I regain my balance and scramble sleekly out of the way. Moving closer to him, I catch the side of his face and push it towards the ground. Then, I hit his neck region with a sharp jab of my elbow.

     Hunched, and groaning, the man makes a move to straighten up, but I get there first and bring up my knee, kicking him in the gut. I do it again and again, until I'm pretty sure I see droplets of blood splatter the ground.

     Like a cat, I clamp my hand around the kidnapper's neck and pull it sharply back, having full intentions of snapping the man's neck, but someone yells out my name.