Chapter 5

Sydney's POV:
Today is my second day at this camp. I'll admit it isn't as bad as I thought it would've been. I get out of my bed and walk over to the bathroom, getting into the shower. I finish showering and walk back into the room to see Lauren sitting up on her phone.
"Morning." I said to her.
"Ugh what happened last night? I have a pounding headache. " she says rubbing her temple.
"Well after dinner, some girl started popping bottles. So you her Calum and everyone but me started drinking like crazy." I explain to her.
"Ugh he's so hot it's not fair. " she says laying back down.
"No no no, come on get up. You just need some pain killers and food. " I say lifting her back up.
"Fine. Let me at least make myself look presentable." She says stumbling to her closet.
"As long as we're not matching I'm good. " I say sitting down on my bed.
"Fine. " she says getting something out of her closet. Today I'm wearing a black crop top, with a red flannel, black shorts, black vans, and a top knot. I actually look pretty cute if I do say so myself.
"How's this?" She asks looking into the mirror. She's wearing a shirt with The 1975's logo on it, light wash shorts, white converse, and a black flower crown with small flowers on it.
"Can we go now? I really want those stinkin pain killers." She said grabbing her phone and opening the door.
"Let's go. " I said leading her down the hallway.
"Oh wait can we stop by Ashley's room?" She asks me.
"Who's Ashley?" I say oblivious.
"The girl from the pool! We became best friends last night. This is her room. " she says leading me down a hall I've never been down before. She knocks on the door, but there's no answer. Luckily the door was unlocked.
"Oh right. " I say as she opens the door.
"Hm I don't get it. She said she's the only one in the room, she wasn't given a roommate." Lauren says quietly to me.
"Then why are there two beds?" I ask her confused.
"I don't know. Maybe this is the wrong room." She says. This was definitely the wrong room, I look at who's room we were in and find Luke, and that other girl that asked where the bottles were last night, sharing a freakin bed. I really fuckin hope he's wearing pj bottoms and her a strapless nightgown.
"This is definitely the wrong room. " I say through tears. Why am I crying? I don't even really know him nor do I like him. I leave the room quickly and go down to the lake, sitting at the dock with my feet dangling off the side. Why am I getting so many emotions toward him? We just met yesterday! I just don't understand. I sit at the dock for a good thirty minutes before I sense someone's sitting next to me.
"Can I help you?" I ask him.
"No, but I can help you. " Calum said sitting next to me.
"Sorry I didn't mean for that to come off kinda creepy. " Calum said laughing.
"It didn't come off as creepy as you think it did. In that case what can you help me with?" I asked looking at him.
"I actually don't know. It seems like your sad, and from these two days I've known you your either really independent or you light up whenever you're with one of us. Why?" He asks me.
"I honestly didn't even realize that stuff myself, I get independent because I'm an only child and I'm not that big into crowds. But I guess I'm happy with you guys because....... Well honestly I don't know. Maybe it's because of the bands were all into or the fact that I've never really had guy friends." I answer.
"I guess I can see that, it wouldn't happen to be the fact that we're all single, is it?" He asks smirking and winking at me.
"Shut up. And I don't think all of you are single." I said kinda bummed.
"No, Sydney, we're all single. " Calum corrected me.
"Luke?" I ask.
"Yeah he's single. " he answer again.
"Calum, he just had sex with someone last night. I doubt he's single. " I answer.
"I GET IT NOW! You like luke!" Calum screams.
"Cal, shut up, I don't. I don't even know him nor do I know the rest of you. " I say playing it off cool.
"You're different from the fangirls around here. I like that." He says relaxing a bit and looking back out to the water.
"You know Calum, any girl would be lucky to date you. " I say standing up and walking away.
"Like you?" He says back to me. I walk back down the dock and over to him.
"What'd you say?" I asked smiling.
"I said, like you?" He says smiling up at me.
"Especially me. " I say sitting back down next to him.
"So tonight after the campfire, meet me here at 8?" He asks me.
"I'll see you then. " I say standing back up and walking back into the house, smiling.
"Hey." Luke greets seductively.
"Douche. " I say pushing him to the side a little and walking up to my room.
"Oh there you are!" Lauren says as soon a I walk in.
"Hi, isn't it such a beautiful day?!" I ask happily.
"Oh god what changed your mood? Wait I don't wanna know what you just did with Michael. Wait yes I do!" Lauren says getting up and walking over to me excitedly.
"Okay! And it's not Michael. " I say smiling.
"Ooh! It's Ashton he's probably a freak in bed. Tell me, tell me, tell me! I want all the deets!" She says excitedly.
"Calum asked me out!" I finally say very excitedly.
"He what?!" Lauren says with a combination of anger and sadness.