Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I hopped on my car and started the engine, I have to pick up my friend Kiamy from theirs. It's already our routine to go to school together. As I glanced at the wall clock, it's almost class time. And today we'll be having our performance for the song. Surprisingly, Riley and I finally finished the song last night. The week passed by quickly and now it's Monday. Oh great.

I hope I won't puke. The last time I did was when I sang solo in front of a lot of people.

After brushing my teeth, I hurriedly went downstairs. I didn't bother saying goodbye to my parents, they're always not home or they're always off to work early. My brother has his own transportation so he can go to school by himself.

A few minutes later, I arrived at my blonde friend's house. My green eyed friend is sitting on their porch, smiling to herself as she focuses her attention to her phone. Maybe she's watching funny videos?

I honk my horn, making her jump. She said her goodbyes to her parents and slings her bag over her shoulder; she flipped me the bird before getting in. I smiled, "That's a nice way to snap you out of your little world."

"You're a meanie. Oh wait, mini." she laughed at her own joke. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm immune to that, Kiam."

She waved me off, "Whatever. So did you finish your homework in zoology?"

I immediately hit the brakes, good thing we had our seatbelt on or we might hit our heads, turning to her with wide eyes, "There's a homework?!"

"I knew it. And I know you're at the McDonoughs last night. But don't you worry, I have you all covered."

"How'd you know I was at Riley's?" I started driving again.

"Stopped by at your house because I wanted to borrow your notes, since I left mine. Then I rang your doorbell, nobody was home. And there's no way you'll be at Jessa's or Laila's." she explained, "And I figured, I'd do homework for you. I know how Julliard means to you."

I looked at her suspiciously, "Okay... What's the catch?"

She pressed her lips in a tight line and grinned, "Let's watch the football practice this afternoon, pleaseeee?"

"You hate football." I countered.

"But Regie is so hot." she said quietly but I still caught that.

I hit the brakes again, "What?" the honks behind us are urging us to go, I rolled my window and said my apologies, blaming a cat. I went back glancing at her not so innocent face.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow, "Nothing!" my blonde friend defended.

"You like one of the football players don't you?" I teased.

She choked, "What? Me? Have you seen the way I treated those idiots when they ask me out?"

"Yes, but-"

"Can't it just be a reason that I want to watch football?" she whined.

I didn't answer; I keep on shooting suspicious looks on her, though my blonde friend was looking away.

A few minutes after she ignored my glares, I spoke, "Kiamy, I know you. Just spill."

We are a few meters from our school, she still ignored my remark.

"Oh, my gosh!" she exclaimed, making me jump, "Hurry! We're about to be late!"

I glanced at her confused, "It's still a quarter to 8. And we're almost-"