Chapter 26

Chapter 26 (Jessa's POV)

I know what I did to Rovie was very crass. She just pisses me off. I know she's lying. I know she likes Riley the way I do.

Okay fine, I don't really know.

BUT, I think it's true. Plus, Connor confirmed it. Riley wouldn't be acting all overprotective over Rovie if he doesn't like her that way right? And they have been friends for a very long time, along that friendship, I bet they developed feelings for each other.

Or I'm just being paranoid.

Or obsessive.

Or crazy.

But to be honest, I just simply don't want to lose him.

I glanced back at McDonald's and saw my friend wiping herself from the ice cream that's dripping to her face. I sighed in guilt. I really shouldn't have done that. God I'm so moody and bitchy.

"You look like incredible hulk back there." My head snapped as reflex when I heard that familiar voice. "You know, you shouldn't have done that."

The guy leans against a Black Hyundai accent car with a smirk on his face. His hair is disheveled in the most sexy way. He's wearing a plain white v-neck tee and ripped semi skinny jeans that's folded upto his ankle.

My blood starts to boil, "What are you doing here, Cameron?" I inquired in annoyance.

"To know what played in your mind when you dumped your ice cream on your friend."

"She's just- I just- Ugh, don't tell me you're defending her too?" I groaned in irritation.

What is everyone doing going to Rovie's side?!

"Nope." He replied popping the 'p'.

"Why do you care? The last time I checked you actually don't."

Cameron smirked, and took a few steps closer to me. "Come. Let's go get some starbucks."

*****

When we reached starbucks, he paid for our drinks and we sat there quietly. I can tell that he's trying to read me. He's trying to know what's on my mind. He's probably still questioning my actions earlier.

When I take a look at him, he quickly looks away. So I cleared my throat to get his gaze focus on me, "Thanks for the treat."

He finished sipping his coffee, nodded and smiled. "Wanna go somewhere else? You look troubled."

I shrug, "I don't care."

"Come on, then."

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

We got into his ferrari and he drove is somewhere I believe that is far. The silence in his car is deafening. I glanced at this cute creature beside me. I am just curious as to why he's doing this to me. "Umm, Cameron?" I saw his eyebrows quirk up,  "Can I ask you something?"

"You already asked, but anyway, shoot."

"Are you sure you're taking me to a nice place and not kill me and dump me at the sides?"