11 - The Last Day

2 months later

"Alright people! This is the final scene of the movie! Before this journey ends I would just like to thank everyone who has contributed their hundred percent. You guys are awesome! The whole cast has been so co-operative, thank you, and the crew has been just amazing! So with no time wasted... Let's finish this!" The whole cast and crew clapped and cheered as James, are wonderful director, ended his kind words.

Today was the last day of filming, which means that I should be happy, that I'm going home and I'll be free but, I'm not happy at all. I don't know why...

"Thomas! Ellie! Time for makeup!" Our makeup artist, Rose, called out. We had changed into our clothes before James had made his announcement. I was wearing a blue floral dress with a dark blue shrug and heels. Thomas was wearing a red check shirt, a gray jacket, jeans and sneakers.

Today's scene is, I think, the best. We have occupied an area of the airport to shoot the "goodbye" scene. Coincidence that today is the last day?!

It's where my character leaves the country because her job shifted her. Thomas' character, is sad and doesn't want her to leave. And what's the cool part?! I'M SUPPOSED TO KISS THOMAS! LIKE FULL ON KISS! Which I'm really nervous about because I've never kissed anyone on-screen, not even off-screen. Seems really weird but... Yeah. I've never had any boyfriend. I wasn't quite interested and no one really cared about me much.

Thomas and I sat down in the makeup trailer while Rose joked around and made us look perfect for the scene. We laughed so much. Hearing Thomas' life is just so comforting, its full of life. I'm really going to miss everyone.

"You guys know what you have to do right? Any questions, please ask!" James said. I told him that we've got everything under control. He gave us a 'thumbs up' and went to his place behind the camera.

"3...2...1...ACTION!"

Even though I was saying my lines, I kept thinking about the kiss. What if I screw up? What if I embarrass myself? I'm a professional actor, I can't make mistakes on one kiss!

I kept telling myself that I'd screw everything up, which was not helping at all. I could feel myself panic, that at any moment I...

"Please don't go. Please! We'll figure it out, we'll do something. Just... Don't go," Thomas pleaded as he rubbed his neck. His deep brown eyes stared into mine.

That's my que! SHIT! I thought.

I took a step closer to him, our noses almost touching. I took a deep breath and gently placed a hand on his face. I leaned forward and placed my lips on his.

Time seemed to freeze around us. It was like a thousand fireworks, exploding one after the other inside me. The feeling was undescribable, something I've never felt before. It was addicting... I didn't want it to stop.

Thomas deepened the kiss. I just couldn't believe that this was happening. But things can't be perfect for long. Sadly, I had to pull away. Afterall, we were shooting a movie!

"I love you. I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do. I have to go. But I'll always be with you... Here." I said as I took his hand in mine and placed it on his heart.

I triggered my 'fake tears'. I trick I learnt a few years ago. Just rub you eyes and stare. Let them burn and your eyes would start watering. Easy!

"I... Have to go, Charlie. I have to..." I wiped my tears and hugged Thomas tightly. He was sobbing quietly, he was supposed to.

I pulled away and dragged my trolley bag towards the airport doors. I looked back with teary eyes at a miserable Thomas and then walked into the airport.