01 - The Call

Beep beep beep.....beep beep beep.....beep beep beep...

My alarm kept going and going because I was too sleepy to get up. I shouldn't have slept late yesterday, I thought. I was up late watching Nanny Mcphee for the umpteenth time. I just love that movie.

I groaned, and reached for my phone which was sitting on my bedside table. '9:45 AM' I read off the lock screen. Better to start early, I thought.

I got up from my bed and walked to the washroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and the only word, or should I say, sound, which escaped my mouth was 'ughhh'. My appearance in the morning can really be something!

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, combed my hair and tied it into a high pony. To be honest, I didn't look so bad! I got out some freshly laundered clothes. They smelled so good! I wormed into my black jeggings and wore my bright yellow crop top.

I walked to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. "What shall I have today?" I asked myself. I searched my pantry, fridge and cupboards for something to eat. Eventually, I settled on a cheese omelet with hash browns (frozen, of course).

Usually while cooking, I switch on the radio to listen to the news and enjoy some music.

I was just about to pour the eggs I had beaten into a pan, when I got a phone call. I reached my phone, confused, and answered the call.

"Hello?" I said.
"Hi is this Ellie Canterbury?" the voice (man, to be precise) said.
"Yes, umm who is this?" I asked.
"My name Mark Johnson. I am a casting director and I would like to ask if you would be interested in acting in our movie. Your previous roles have been brilliant and it would be a delight to have you on set," Mark answered.

Yes, I am an actress. It has been my dream job since I got interested in movies when I was a teenager. I admired Thomas Sangster's acting (still do! I'm a fangirl!) and come on, he is adorable! Well, I got into acting and it has been great. I'm not famous but people know that I exist so I'm happy.

"Umm, hello?" Mark said.
"What? Oh, sorry! I just zoned out... I am very flatered by your comments and would love to take part in the movie!" I told.
"I'm really happy to hear that! Well, we're calling all the actors to arrive at the set on the weekend. I'll message you all the details," Mark explained.
"Okay great! Umm... If you don't mind me asking, who else is acting?" I asked Mark.
"Well, you have been given the role of one of the main characters and your costar is Thomas Brodie-Sangster," Mark replied.

Okay... that just crossed the line. Did I hear that right? THOMAS FREAKING SANGSTER! I am going to freak out right now!

"Hello hello? Earth calling Ellie!" Mark said.
"Yeah sorry, umm... Thanks for all the information. Just message me all the details and we will see each other soon!" I said.
"Okay great! Well, it was nice speaking to you... We will keep in touch!" Mark said.

Wow... did I just hear what I just heard? Oh God this must be a dream!

OMG!! I am going to meet Thomas!!

What if he doesn't like me?

I slapped myself.

Snap out of it Ellie, I thought, Get a grip because you will be seeing him in a few days.

My life just got interesting...