13 - Love Is In The Air

3 weeks later

These two weeks have been absolutely unbelievable! Thomas and I virtually spent time everyday. Two days after we went for lunch, we watched a movie and then later had coffee. I invited him over one day for dinner. It was great!

But something suddenly stopped it. This past week we haven't seen each other. We've been so busy that we barely talk anymore.

My phone rang and I answered it, "Hey Tommy! What's up?" Thomas answered, "Nothing much. I was wondering if you'd like to go out somewhere, maybe for some coffee?"

I wanted to but I had other commitments. "Sorry Tommy, I'm going out with my boyfriend Benjamin. We're going for lunch. Maybe some other time," I said sadly. I really wanted to spend time with him but I have a boyfriend for like, the first time.

"Oh...Well, talk to you later then. Bye," Thomas sounded heartbroken. I felt so bad for rejecting him. But what could I do? Anyways, its not like he loves me!

"Who was that on the phone? Was it Thomas?" Ben asked as he wore his shoes. I sighed, "Yeah it was Thomas."

He put a hand on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. This didn't feel right. Nothing felt right.

I sat in Ben's car as he started it up, and we then drove off to have lunch.

********

Lunch was okay, I guess. We just talked but, it wasn't like how it was with Thomas. It was kind of dull.

"I'll see you later El! Love you," Ben said and kissed my cheek. I forced a smile, something I don't do often. Its not that I don't like Ben, he's an amazing guy. He's good looking, kind hearted and such a gentleman but it just doesn't feel right.

I sighed as I saw Ben drive off. I have to fix this somehow. I just need to figure out why I'm so gloomy.

************
2 weeks later
************

*Thomas' POV*

All the happiness had been drained from my face. The hurt was something I haven't felt, it was unbearable. Ellie has a boyfriend, she's not mine anymore. Well, she was never mine but now I realise that...

I love her.

I looked up at the sky. Dull, grey and gloomy... Just like me. It may rain later. I walked into the bar I've been going to for the past two weeks. I don't go to bars as often as everyday, but I'm too depressed to do anything.

"Hey Thomas, what can I get you?" The bartender asked. I sat down at a stool near the counter and said, "The usual Mark. Thanks."

I sighed as I stared at the TV which was above. There was a football match going on. I didn't feel like paying attention.

"I know it's not my business but... why do you look so heartbroken? You suddenly started showing up. What's wrong?" Mark asked with concern as he served me my drink.

I took a sip, "My heart's broken. Two weeks ago I found out that a good friend of mine got a boyfriend. I started to like her and wanted to go out with her. I called her but she said she had to go for lunch with her boyfriend Benjamin." It hurt to talk about it.

"Why don't you tell her how you feel? Just let her know. If she doesn't like you back... At least you checked, at least she'll knows. Then you can move on," Mark suggested. I've heard from friends who come here that he's really good at giving suggestions.