I want what they have

I arrived early morning at Nashville, Austin was already there too with them. My family welcomed me with a big hug at the airport. I hadn't realized how much I missed them until this moment. Mom had prepared a barbecue in the garden even thought it was not the best weather, but no one wanted to take away her illusion of a family meal. We were already seated at the table joking when I remembered something.

-Karlie sends you greetings and she told me that she wants to meet you as soon as possible- I said capturing everyone's attention.

-We also want to meet the famous Karlie- my mother said immediately.

-She is great mom, I do not know such an impressive and beautiful girl like her- the words didn't come out of my mouth but my brother.

-Careful Austin- I warned him seriously.

-What? Im not lying- she protested childishly- and besides I thought your friends were not off limits.

-Karlie is- I said making clear the limits, I wouldn't consent to my brother felt nothing for Karlie.

-All right grumpy girl- he protested before continue eating.

If the situation with KArlie wasn't so strange I wouldn't have minded him to notice her. Austin was a really good guy and I do not just say it because he was my brother but because it was true. Growing up had done good to him, now he was going to the gym everyday and was really in shape, gone are the pictures of my brother a little fat next to me. He was responsible and was studying Scenics Arts at College. If it weren't for my own feelings for Karlie and Karlie's feelings for me, there was no one better than my brother for my best friend, I had no doubts. The tense moment of glances between Austin and I was interrupted by my father making some joke that I don't remember. No doubt, I was at home.

Being in Nashville included tranquility, visits to old friends, play with my brother like we were two little kids again and spend time with my parents. I looked at them for a long time one of the nights we ordered pizza for dinner. It seemed incredible that they've been together so many years and they loved each other like the first day. That was what I had always aspired but had never worked with anyone. Perhaps with Karlie should work. I was surprised by myself when that question appeared in my mind. I had been a full day in the city and I had managed not to think about the model, not even once when it was supposed that I was running away to think about her, about us and clear my mind.

When I was in Nashville, it was an obligation visit Abigail's house. She was my best friend since high school. She had always been by my side and I was sure she was one of the few people who knew everything about me. I would have gone to her house upon arriving in the city but she told me that she was busy with her class but now she called me and she was free and dying to see me. I took one of the cars that were parked outside at the front door and went to her house. I couldn't forget that road I had done so many times either for fun or to mourn. I rang the bell and a red head give a hug the moment she opened the door.

-I do not believe that you had deigned to come to Nashville finally- she said laughing without releasing me.

-I missed you- I admitted when she let me breathe.

-Miss you too Taylor- Abigail told me smiling letting me go inside.

Being in Abigail's house was like being in my own home. We spent some time with her parents, talking about how our lives were going before Abigail and I went to the garden to have more private conversations about our lives. She told me how her classes were going and how she missed me there lately now that my life was in New York.

-You've got to come to New York Abigail, you will love to go, it is the best decision I could take- i said to my friend smiling.

-I promise that when my exams are finished I will go to see you for some days- she said without hesitation.