11. First time

Karlie and I went to Los Angeles in my jet. The best thing about having your own plane is that nobody knows when you arrive or you leave a city so we skipped the paparazzis at the airport. We arrived the day of the party because Karlie had some business cookies meetings the day before. The evening before the party, my house was crazy, almost as much as the day of the MET gala in New York. If Karlie and I were going to do that often I needed to find a better place to do it because my house looked like a battlefield when we ended. Karlie chose a blue dress while I had two pieces in orange tones. I looked at her confused when I saw that she had chosen flat shoes and not heels.

-Why are you not wearing heels?- I asked surprised.

-Are you not happy?- she asked laughing- for the first time you will be almost as tall as me.

-You are very funny- I said wryly.

-I wanted to wear flats, I like these shoes and also it's not a red carpet- she said dismissively- and you are perfect Taylor as always.

Jack took us to the party at a downtown Los Angeles. Despite there was not a red carpet, the paparazzis were huddled in the doorway waiting for the arrival of celebrities at the party. It was inevitable that they caught us together. Another time we were together at another event on the opposite coast where we both lived. Karlie dragged me inside directly to the bar. She gave me a glass of champagne and asked me to calm down. She grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd. She introduced me to two blonde girls, I think they were called Gigi and Martha, apparently like her, they were the new Victoria's Secret Angels .They were spectacular and really pretty and a stitch of jealousy overcame me at the thought that they were part of Karlie's world more than I was.

-What's wrong?- she asked me in a sweet tone when she saw my expression.

-Nothing- I said dismissively.

-Taylor, don't lie to me- she asked.

-It's just... these girls are really pretty- I said sighing- they are in your world and I can not help thinking that perhaps they...

-Stop there- she asked me in a whisper- you are the only one for me, I only want to be with you and I don't need you to fit in the fashion world as they do because you do something better Taylor, you fit into my world, erase these doubts please.

-I'm sorry- I apologized after hearing her say that- it's just that sometimes this is too new.

-I know- she admitted giving me a quick hug- come talk to me whenever you feel that way and I'll make it easier.

-Okay- I accepted.

-And now let's get dance- she said taking me to the dance floor.

We danced for a long time until our glasses were empty, we went to fill them again and then Karlie and I returned to talk with the rest of the people. We were walking when I thought I saw someone I knew very well, It as too long without seeing her.

-Jamie- I said when I saw her on the crowd- I missed you- I said hugging her.

-Do you know each other?- Karlie asked surprised by me side.

-Of course we know each other- Jamie said- for years.

-And you know Jamie?- I asked curious.

-Everyone know Jamie, she is a legend in the fashion world Taylor- Karlie said like it was obvious.

-Karlie... you speak too highly of me- Jamie joked looking at me- we have met in several events like this one, I always tell her that one day they will say the same thing to her than me.