45. Gushing

-You're phone is ringing- I protested on the bed.

When we woke up we went to the kitchen and made a big breakfast before we came back to bed and snuggle there for a couple of hours more. My tour was closer every day and we both had cleared out our schedule to spend all of the time we could  together.

-I don't want to move- Karlie said covering her head with the sheets.

-It's the third time babe- I reminded her.

-Okaaaaay, I'm going- she finally accepted leaving the room.

Olivia took advantage of the time the door was opened to came into the room and jumped to join me on the bed. I knew Meredith was probably following Karlie around the house, it was what she usually did. I heard Karlie talking but not enough to know what she was saying. Suddenly the silence filled all the apartment.

-Taylor, it was my agent, Ellen Degeneres want me in the show this week- Karlie said with a surprised expression on her face when she entered the room.

-Really? that's amazing- I said smiling.

-Yeah I guess- she said sitting on the bed behind me.

-Are you going?- I asked when I noticed her dubious tone.

-I don't know... I mean I don't usually do tv shows and things like that, it's more your thing- she said shrugging her shoulders -did you know this?

-I promise I didn't know anything Karlie- I replied, I knew her too well, she thought I was the one behind the interview.

-Can you call her?- she suddenly asked.

-Do you want to talk with her?- I didn't understand what that conversation was going.

-It's just... I need to know why she want me there- Karlie admitted ducking her head.

-Maybe because you're one of the best top models in the world, you've beaten the record of more runways in a year and I can promise you Ellen don't want you in the program because of me, she's not like that- I assure her rubbing her arms with my hands.

-Can you call her?- she asked again in an insecure tone.

-If you're gonna be happier I will call her- I accepted sighing- I will be right back.

I went to the kitchen to look for my phone. I knew Karlie was feeling insecure, our relationship was really knew for the world and she was getting used to more attention and be on the press everyday. She usually didn't do interviews on tv like that so I understood that she was feeling that way. Karlie needed to hear that Ellen wanted her by herself, no for me. I scrolled down on my contacts and called Ellen.

-Hey Ellen- I greeted her when she picked up.

-Taylor what a surprise- she said I noticed she was happy to hear me.

-Yeah it's been a while- I admitted, our relationship had been different since Karlie left her house on the party.

-How have you been?- she asked.

-Really good about to start my tour- I explained remembering I was just days away for leaving Karlie alone in New York.

-Listen can I call you later I have to tape the show in a couple of minutes- she told me.

-I will be quick Ellen- I told her, I wanted to solve this problem as soon as possible.

-Tell me- she accepted.

-Karlie's agent just call her because you want her on the show- I said being direct.

-Yeah I thought it would be great having her- she admitted.