Chapter 25- Meet & Greet

Jennifer's POV

I wake up and it's the sun has just started to rise. I flutter my eyes and smile, knowing that I'm laying here with my head on Leah's chest. I slowly climb off of her and she wakes up but I kiss her head and tell her to go back to sleep. She mutters something and falls back asleep. I head upstairs to my bedroom and into my closet. I put on some shorts and a t-shirt, examining the hickies that Leah left on my inner-thigh and hips before I do. I put my bronde hair up in an extremely messy bun, grab my car keys from my dresser and quietly tip-toe back down the stairs. I glance at the couch and Leah is asleep again so I sneak out and get into my car and drive to a little donut/coffee shop. I get a dozen donuts- all different types... And two coffees. I then go by a little stand that has been around for a very long time and pick up some flowers for Leah. I pay the man and smile as I get back into my car, placing the donuts and flowers in the passenger seat and the coffees in my cup holder.

-

I get back home and open the door and Leah is still sleeping on the couch. I smile and walk over to her and sit on the couch beside her. "Wake up." I whisper and lean down on top of her. She stretches her arms and then looks at me and shakes her head. She pushes the blanket against her chest and laughs. "Ugh-" she sighs. I giggle and then grab the flowers and hand them to her. "Here, I got you some breakfast and-" she gets a huge smile on her face and sits up, taking the flowers from me.  "Thank you..." She says and pushes her messy-after-sex hair back. I kiss her cheek and open the box of donuts and hand her one. "Can I have a t-shirt or something?" She laughs and bites the donut. "Here." I toss her the hoodie that I was wearing last night and she pulls it over her head and continues eating.

After breakfast, we end up just sitting on the couch and talk for a few minutes. "Make-Up sex is my new favorite thing." I grin. "Mm, break-up sex is good too.... But we didn't have break-up sex." She winks at me. "I'm happy." I randomly say after a short pause. "Happy with?" "You." I say and look away. She puts her hand on my thigh and I look at her. "I'm happy too baby...." She whispers. I smile and peck her lips. "What are your plans for today?" She asks me and stands up from the couch. "I'm supposed to be meeting my mom and brother for lunch today... If you wanna come you can." I say to her. She just looks at me. "Rodrigo?" "Yeah..." "I don't know..." She sighs. "Leah, he knows now. I told him." I tell her. She looks at me with wide eyes. "You told him what? That you're into girls?" She sits back down beside me. "Yes... He's okay with it. I had to tell him... He came over one night and I was crying and a mess and I couldn't make up an excuse so I just told him." I say and shrug. "So he is totally alright with it?" She asks. "Yeah... He just doesn't know that we're speaking again. But I guess he'll find out today if you come out for lunch with us... PLEASE." I plead with her and pout out my lips.

"What do I get in return?" She gives me a look. "Anything that you want." I tell her. "Mmm, okay. Then I guess I'll go." She grins and pecks my lips. "Come take a shower with me." She says and stands up, grabbing my hand. "I guess that could be arranged." I grin and we both dart up the stairs and head for my bathroom, slamming the door closed behind us.

-

Leah's POV

Jennifer and I are walking into a little Italian restaurant to meet her mom and her brother. Jennifer glances back at me and flashes me her sweet little smile and then I happen to spot Rodrigo waving at us from the corner of my eye. I motion to him and Jen heads in that direction. We walk over and Jennifer hugs her brother, then her mom- whom she looks like. I give an odd smile to Rodrigo... Knowing that he is well aware of Jennifer and I's situation. "How are you?" He asks. "I'm good... Better now." I smile at him, trying to tell him about Jennifer and I without being too straight forward about it considering that her mom doesn't know.

"Mom this is Leah..." Jennifer says and points to me. "Hi! Nice to meet you." I smile and shake her moms hand with a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you also." She smiles. "Leah, you wanna sit?" Jen motions to the booth. I slide in and then Jennifer sits beside me and casually places her hand on my thigh underneath the table. I place my hand over hers and we both look over the menu, deciding what we want to eat. "So, Leah- do you live here in New York?" Her mother asks me. "Yes, I move here years ago for work." I tell her. "Oh really? Where did you move from?" She asks. "California." I tell her. "That's nice, I've never been to the West Coast... What about siblings?" She asks me. I feel Jennifer tense up and it gets a little bit awkward but I try to hide this from Jennifer's mother. Jennifer doesn't even look at me. "I have a brother." I say and look back down at my menu, hoping that she doesn't ask any other questions regarding Ryan. "Does he still live in California?" "Yes, he does. But- I don't talk to him very often. We didn't leave off on very good terms last time I spoke to him." I say and take my hand off of Jennifer's. "I'm sorry to hear that..." Her mother says. "Mom, what are you getting?" Rodrigo chimes in, realizing how awkward this situation is. "Lasagna.... Now scoot over- I'm going to go to the ladies room." Her mom says.

Jennifer's mom gets up and leaves and it gets quiet at the table. "So, what is this?" Rodrigo asks and point to Jennifer and I. "It's just- it's us." Jennifer says. I look at Jennifer and give her a small smile. "Are you guys going to tell mom?" Rodrigo asks Jennifer. "I'm going to- but I don't know when. It's just not something that you just randomly tell someone." Jennifer shrugs. "Well, Rodrigo and I are both here... So why don't you just tell her today after we eat..." I say to Jen and sip my drink. "I'll see what happens, if something happens you guys have to have my back though." She says, giving Rodrigo a look and poking my arm.

"Leah, cover your neck." Rodrigo says, shaking his head. Jennifer giggles and pushes my hair over my neck, covering the hickies that she left there last night. I shake my head and then her mom comes back.

-

Jennifer's POV

After we finish eating, I start trying to build up the courage to say something to my mom. But just before I say something, she speaks.

"So, Jennifer & Rodrigo... I wanted to talk to both of you... I wasn't expecting Leah to be here but it's alright." My mom says. "What's up?" I ask, wondering what she is about to say. "Well... Um, I got a phone call last week and it was from... Your father." My mom says. I don't know how to respond to this honestly.

"What did he want? He wanted nothing to do with us for all these years and now he just calls?" Rodrigo snaps. I don't say anything. My mom turns to Rodrigo, "Baby, he wants to see you. Both of you, he's sick and the doctors say that he isn't doing well...." My mom places her hand on Rodrigo's shoulder. "So he wants to see his children... After all these years only because he is dying?" My brother says. I still remain silent. My brother continues to snap back and forth with my mom and Leah puts her hand on my leg and nudges me. "Are you alright?" She whispers to me. I glance at her and don't say anything. I just stand up and walk off without saying anything to anyone.

"Jen, wait." I hear Leah. I walk into the bathroom and push my hand through my hair. Leah comes in and looks at me. "Hey... What's the matter?" She asks and puts one hand on my waist and the other on my cheek. "Leah, my dad is dying and he wants to see me? That is a lot to take in at once. My relationship with my dad--- there wasn't one. We don't have one. I have had maybe 3 stable conversations with him throughout my entire life and I haven't seen him since I was 13 years old. I don't know what the fu-" Leah cuts me off. "Shhhh...." She says and hugs me. "Leah, what am I supposed to do?" I ask and slowly bring my arms up and hug her back. "It's gonna be alright... Look, you don't have to see him if you don't want to... But either way I'm here. So just calm down and try not to stress yourself out okay?" She whispers to me and rubs my back softly. I take a deep breathe and nod. "Okay..." "You wanna go back out there?" She asks. "Yeah." I say and look at myself in the mirror. She smiles and pecks my lips.

We go back out and sit. "I didn't mean to upset you Jennifer... I just thought you should know." She says and reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "It's just a lot..." I say and glance up at her. "The decision is yours baby... If you don't want to see him- you don't have to." She tells me. "I wanna see him." I reply and it gets quiet.