Chapter 3

it had been a few days since i had arrived at the village.  i had went with Naruto that one morning only to see him painting the statues of the Hokage and then running around with people chasing him. no one bothered me because i was a "sweet little girl" who would never do such a thing. truth be told i had told Naruto that it was a bad idea but he didn't listen to me. the test for becoming genin was in a few days which Iruka-sensei wasn't sure if i should take. i just rolled my eyes at him when he said that. things at Sasuke's house were interesting because he wanted nothing to do with me but he didn't mind when i cooked for us. surprising that a 6 and 1/2 year old can cook that well is what he had said. well i had to learn fast and Konan liked teaching me because i was a little girl who needed a mother figure which Konan was more than happy to fill. the reason i liked doing that was because i could cook for dad and he loved everything i make for him.

i was alone in the house right now because Sasuke wanted to train some more after school and i wasn't really in the mood to deal with Naruto or train on my own. i stand and leave my room to walk around the house stopping for a few minutes before dad's room. 'i wish you would come see me soon dad. i miss you a lot.' i think before i walk to the big living room where i see a nice little table that i can sit at and start that latter to dad on that i learned about Naruto as well as have some tea. i walk quickly to the kitchen before starting the water for tea and pulling out a cup. it didn't take long to make the tea and then sit at the table before pulling out a small scroll that i would be using. i was just about to start when Sasuke walks into the house and looks around before walking over to me. "Kyoko what are you doing?" he ask as he sits across from me at the table.

he looked like a giant compared to this little table and i blush a little before looking at my tea. "i miss my dad and i heard someone say that the dead can read letters that your write to them. i thought if i write him telling him how i like school and such then he would know i was ok." i say not wanting to look up at him. Sasuke sighs and i could hear him moving around until arms were around me. "i lost my family too and it hurts now but it will get better you'll see." Sasuke says. i liked the feeling of my uncles arms around me because i felt safe like i did when dad hugs me. "Sasuke thank you. i know we don't know each other very well but i feel like your....." i say letting the sentience die out. i couldn't get to attached to my uncle because then i wouldn't want to go home with my dad when this was over. but dad did say to keep an eye on him so that was all i was doing. Sasuke lets me go before heading into the kitchen. i sigh a little before i start to write.

"tell him a little about where you live and who your living with." Sasuke says. i look up at him because he was sitting next to me with his own cup of tea. from what everyone said Sasuke was cold to everyone and thought he was better than them which i had found to be true. it was a little unnerving to see him acting so nice to me. "Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?" i ask as i put the pen down and look at Sasuke who was silently sipping on his tea. he finally looks at me before giving a little sigh. "i didn't like you when you first started living here with me but in the last few days i realised that you are a little kid who looked a little like someone who would be in my family. i finally decide that i was going to look after you like you were my little sister." Sasuke says. it was a little out of character but i was a little glad that my only living family besides dad cared for me even if he didn't know i was his niece.

Sasuke watches me write but doesn't try reading that i have written and once i was done i signed the letter with love and just my first name. i had told him a lot about my "friends" which just happened to be Naruto and Iruka-sensei as well about Sasuke but a good portion of my letter had been about things Naruto and i had done which was things i learned about him. i roll the scroll up and put it in my pocket to send to dad later when i wasn't being watched so closely by Sasuke. "i'm going to take a nap. i'll make dinner in a few hours. is there something you would like to have?" i ask as i stand to take my empty tea cup into the kitchen. "anything you make will be fine." Sasuke says before grabbing the cup from my hand and taking it to the kitchen. i walk quickly and quietly to my room before laying down the scroll tightly in my hands.