Chapter 21

Kakashi's pov.

i walked slowly to Kyoko's house. she had been taken by someone but Lady Tsunade refused to let me leave and go look for her. i was rather angry that i couldn't go look for the little girl who really needed someone looking out for her. i get that Lady Tsunade thinks that Sasuke or what was left of the Akatsuki might have taken her but i don't think she would willingly go with them now that her father was dead. the most frustrating thing was that i had no way to prove to anyone that whatever happened to Kyoko wasn't of her own free will. maybe i should just go look for her myself. i was about half way there when i notice a small figure walking around blindly as if searching for someone. i rush over to the child and feel fear spike my heart. "Kyoko?" i ask and her head turns as if to look at me. her eyes were covered with bandages and she reaches out blindly for me. i rush over to her and take her hand making her flinch a little from my touch but i was just happy she was alright. "Kyoko it's alright. i've got you." i say and she gives a small sigh before relaxing into my hold. "Kakashi nii-chan." she mumbles before passing out in my arms.

i feel my heart beat quickly in my chest before i run with her in my arms to the hospital, the whole way there i pray that she was alright, that no one hurt her in any way. when i get there i could hear a gasp before Kyoko was taken from my arms by Sakura who was placing her on a bed. "sensei where did you find her?" Sakura asks and i just shake my head a little. i didn't know how to tell Sakura that i had found the little Uchiha on the grounds of her clan wondering around as if she couldn't see anything, which clearly she couldn't. "sensei are you ok?" Sakura asks and I glance over at her before glancing at Kyoko who hadn't opened her eyes making me worry. "i'm fine. i'm more worried about Kyoko that i am myself." i say as i look over at my student who gives a soft sigh. "i understand. just sit out here and wait. i'll take care of her." she says before walking in the direction Kyoko was being taken. i sigh a little before i sit down like i was told. Lady Tsunade comes running past me, she didn't even look at me as if she was in a rush to get to where she was going. i just hoped that she was rushing to where Kyoko was.

at some point Naruto showed up, i'm not sure how he found out that Kyoko was here in the hospital but he had a small stuffed bear in his hand, his leg was bouncing a little as we wait to hear about Kyoko. about an hour later Tsunade and Sakura walk into the room. "is she ok?" i ask and Tsunade gives a small sigh before nodding her head a little. "she's fine from what we can tell. i'm a little worried about the fact that her eyes were covered. the good news is that there is no lasting brain damage after her comma so that is one less thing we need to worry about." Tsunade starts and Naruto jumps to his feet. "what do you mean her eyes were covered when she got back? what happened to her eyes?" Naruto asks fear leaking into his voice. "we're not sure what happened to her eyes. when Kakashi brought her here she had fainted and hasn't woken up as of yet." Tsunade says before she looks over at me making my students do the same. "i was thinking about looking for some clue we might have missed to prove that Kyoko was taken. i had just started walking around the Uchiha compound when i saw Kyoko stumbling around. her eyes were covered and she was acting like she was looking for someone even though she couldn't see." i say before giving a soft sigh. i wasn't sure what Lady Tsunade was going to say about my train of thought but i really didn't care. the young Uchiha needed someone to look out for her, to keep her safe.

Tsunade starts to say something but a scream makes everyone in the hospital stop moving before it processes in my mind. Kyoko was alone, she might be scared. "where is Kyoko?" i ask and we take off running to Kyoko's room. when we get there Kyoko was sitting in the corner, her hands over her eyes and she was screaming as the nurse stood there with bandages in her hands. "Kyoko it's ok." i say and she stops yelling before turning her head in my direction as if looking for me. "Kyoko sweetheart. the nurse needs to change the bandage on your eyes. so try not to scream alright." i say and she stiffens a little then shakes her head no quickly. "no, no.... i want my uncle. Uncle Sasuke... this is a trick. Tobi you teme stop it, leave me alone." Kyoko screams before she presses herself more into the wall as she tries to get away from us. i had never heard her cuss before, i didn't even think she knew what it meant, i blamed Naruto for her knowing about such a word. "Kyoko please look you can feel our chakra right? you know it's me right?" Naruto tries as he walks around the nurse and over to Kyoko who was panting a little as if she couldn't breath right. "feel your chakra......" she mumbles as we watch her relax a little, taking a few deep breaths before tilting her head to the side. after a few minutes she jumps into Naruto's open arms sobbing lightly into his chest. "i was so scared when Tobi took me. Naruto don't let him take me again." Kyoko sobs and Naruto gently pats her back.